Author Topic: 9434 Enemy Quad with Triceratops  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
9434 Enemy Quad with Triceratops
« on: June 10, 2018, 00:39:02 »
This set has the main bad guy in it - Quinn. He is interesting and we will look at that. This isn't a Quad though. It's a dune buggy or something. Confusing set name, but at least they make it clear this is a bad guy.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 9434 Enemy Quad with Triceratops
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 00:39:24 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 00:42:41 »
Here is the full set. The car has a weapon on top that can be used like a launcher, and if you put one of the launch pieces through a net you can throw the net with it at the triceratops. It works ok. Not super fantastic, but good enough I guess. Kind of dumb to me, but I am not the target age group. The little car is nice and again good for dune buggy races.

The triceratops is similar in color scheme to past ones but actually has a darker orange head this time. The baby is cute as always but clrealy evil with those red eyes.  The crate is a reissue seen before.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 00:50:49 »
The figure, Quinn starts out ok but has an interesting additional feature. Note he has the team bad guy logo on his shirt front

He has an alternate face. You can take off the hair, turn the head around and put the hair back on. The new face is ... odd.

Really interestingly the odd alternate face uses paint that shows up great in the black light from 9429.

This does not show up in the movie at all. The alternate face is on the box art and website. It is mentioned on the website the eyes glow with the black light. It's pretty cool. I would guess this is what happens to Quinn after he eats the fruit of eternity at the end of the movie. Good for dinosaurs maybe not so good for people. I wonder if he and the team will be back for another adventure. Maybe in a Greco-Roman archaeology dig some time? Or Inca/Aztec? Lots of possibilities here if they would just run with it a bit. I wont get my hopes up.
A nice enough set but nothing too special except the figure.

/review

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:51:03 »
Creepy eyes! But all very interesting. Thanks for showing this, Tiermann!  :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 16:12:32 »
This is my least fave vehicle.. Odd color too..

But the dino ("chubby" around here  :-[  is nice).. And new.  :-\

The crate is a reissue seen before.

LOVE the crate. Does the baby fit? Looks kinda fragile anyways, as in the "aliens" set. Silly  :P

He has an alternate face. You can take off the hair, turn the head around and put the hair back on. The new face is ... odd.

GODS! That's even worse than that drunk/stoned scientist! :o

Scary too!

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 13:05:15 »
I kinda like that alternate face. Great starting point for a story.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 06:41:29 »
I like that face, both of them, the glow feature is odd - is there a story behind his character?

I agree Tahra, the vehicle is odd looking. It wouldn't look out of place as a Mad Max gang vehicle.