Author Topic: 5238 RC Pirate Ship  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Markassius

• Future Knight
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Knights and Future, what a combo
    • My collection
5238 RC Pirate Ship
« on: July 26, 2013, 17:00:34 »
I was surprised that no review had been posted about this pirate ship. well, here it is:

I ordered it from the playmobil website for 54 euro. I think this is cheap!
The ship itself looks good. The colors are nice and I actually like them more than the 5135.
It comes with three pirates and a square, filled treasure chest. The chest fits in the cargo hold, but it is hard to get it out again; almost no room for fingers to grab it.
The hull is equipped with three wheels for dry-play, which is better than the two in the 5135. (I only have these two pirate ships, so I cant help but compare them.)
But the most important part: it comes with RC control.
I filled up the bath tub and placed it in there. The motor has a large clamp, so be sure to put enough water in.
My daughter was happy to act as first mate, manning the controls. Forward is fast, reverse is slower. It can turn on the spot by only pushing the turn stick. It can also make wide turns by pressing forward and turn sticks at the same time. The engine takes 6 1.5v batteries or 1.2v rechargeables. There is a switch on the controller to select which batteries you have in the engine. This is needed as the control lets you know when the engine is about to run out of energy, so you have time to steer it back to shore. The control takes a 9v battery block.

The black sails come with push-out cannon holes. If you are carefull, you can keep the push-outs in the sails, so no damage is seen.

The front of the main sail has a red dragon like image.

The cannons clip on to the railing, so they stay put during travels.

The engine part has an antenna attached to it. This antenna clips on to a small clip that can be attached to the thingy-for-climbing-up ropes (what are these called?). The clip can be removed for displaying or dry-playing.

And finally, together with the larger 5135 (with the add-on weight from direct services):

In short: try to get this ship!

I hope this review is to your liking.

Oops, I forgot: I also made a small movie:
http://youtu.be/2cJcA8zWEO0
It's OK to panic, as long as you follow the correct procedure

Offline Markassius

• Future Knight
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Knights and Future, what a combo
    • My collection
Re: 5238 RC Pirate Ship
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 17:10:28 »
Just so you know: The RC underwater engine and controls have their own set number: 5536.
So for people who want to outfit their own ships, it could be possible to order this set seperately.
It's OK to panic, as long as you follow the correct procedure

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: 5238 RC Pirate Ship
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 17:23:16 »
Just so you know: The RC underwater engine and controls have their own set number: 5536.
So for people who want to outfit their own ships, it could be possible to order this set seperately.

That is GREAT news!! Thanks a lot!! :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com