Author Topic: Shopping and Auctions  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Shopping and Auctions
« on: February 12, 2008, 17:08:54 »
Hi Sylvia!  A quick question for you.  In this thread, which was titled "Ebay mishap" :

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2014.0

it says that the topic was moved to "Shopping and Auctions" and includes the following link:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1751.0

When I click on that link, I receive this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 

So, I am just wondering, is the topic missing, or do I not have access to some parts of the board for some reason?

Thanks in advance for your reply!   :)

- Anne

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Shopping and Auctions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 17:26:52 »
Hi Anne :wave:

This had me puzzled for a moment. Thought I'd mucked up the move. :toot:
Then I remembered the "Shopping" board is only visible to members who have 25 posts and higher. :doh:

It has been this way ever since the forum was created, but I can't recall if your posting total was high enough to allow you to see it when you were around before.

The reason we made access to that board slightly restricted was to dissuade people from joining the forum solely for the purpose of publicising their auctions or promoting their own retail businesses. We were aware of the problems which used to happen in retail-related areas of other forums and thought this small extra measure might help to avoid it happening at PlaymoFriends. So far it has worked out very well. :yup:

I should probably delete that topic with the link because it will likely cause confusion to other new members. :-[

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 19:28:04 »
Thanks, Sylvia!  That explains it!  I guess I just have to get busy and start "power posting"  :evilplan:

Just kidding - I will get to 25 soon enough!   ;D

If it will be helpful in order to avoid additional confusion, please feel to delete this thread, too. 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:22:58 »
No problem! :)

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 13:03:29 »
Hi Sylvia,

I'm working on my posting numbers too as I would like to join all of you on your shopping site.

Janice