Author Topic: 9443 + 9444 Figures 14  (Read 5892 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 9443 + 9444 Figures 14
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 22:19:30 »

Don't be fooled, there is no mount 3, it's a large child with an even larger rock. :o

???

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 19:07:34 »
About the "chest guard":

(...) Top of the line guard to help keep the bowstring from hitting loose clothing and tender parts of an archers anatomy. (...)

From here (random google search): link at Andover Archery Center (scroll down, last product)

So, worn on the bow side too...

(still wanna know what you meant though, Klickteryx  :P  )

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 03:03:20 »
???

It just seems ominous that all these unwanted klickies get sent to "mound 3" never to be heard of again. I envisage a room with a big kid with an evil smile sitting in the middle of the floor with a large rock surrounded by broken plastic.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 07:42:18 »
It just seems ominous that all these unwanted klickies get sent to "mound 3" never to be heard of again. I envisage a room with a big kid with an evil smile sitting in the middle of the floor with a large rock surrounded by broken plastic.

:0

Not to worry - no brats allowed on playkingdoms...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 23:43:17 »
Great and thorough review, as always, tahra! :)

The merman looks great. And I really like the sorceress; that's so much better than whatever that figure was supposed to be! :lol:

Haha, I know I've said this before, but it's too bad that you don't use all those Fi?ures skeletons and heads! I can appreciate that you want the finished figures to be made with the normal heads so that they seem more permanent, but the Fi?ures ones are great for quickly changing custom figures. I'm always running low on them!

~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 09:53:39 »
Great and thorough review, as always, tahra! :)

Thank you ;)   (good to see you back, btw!)

The merman looks great. And I really like the sorceress; that's so much better than whatever that figure was supposed to be! :lol:

My sister thought  that "mask-hair" looked.. fishy ;)

And we have NO IDEA either what that weirdo is supposed to be - there's always a couple, right?  :-\

Haha, I know I've said this before, but it's too bad that you don't use all those Fi?ures skeletons and heads! I can appreciate that you want the finished figures to be made with the normal heads so that they seem more permanent, but the Fi?ures ones are great for quickly changing custom figures. I'm always running low on them!

It is not a matter of "seem more permanent" - they ARE permanent. When they are clicked, there are no plans to pop them again. So, no point.  Unless I foresee ... issues (like the Galactica ones)...

I use the figure heads+frames for drafts. Never lack frames, but I wish we had ALL existing heads as figure heads... it's just not the same, using a different one, imo..

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 14:50:11 »
And we have NO IDEA either what that weirdo is supposed to be - there's always a couple, right?  :-\

Indeed. :lol: At least this one came with some nice parts though.

It is not a matter of "seem more permanent" - they ARE permanent. When they are clicked, there are no plans to pop them again. So, no point.  Unless I foresee ... issues (like the Galactica ones)...

I use the figure heads+frames for drafts. Never lack frames, but I wish we had ALL existing heads as figure heads... it's just not the same, using a different one, imo..

I always plan for that too, but then I'll see a great new part that might be better, and I have to try it!
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 19:14:45 »
I always plan for that too, but then I'll see a great new part that might be better, and I have to try it!

Ah,  I don't usually do that.. ;)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 22:56:30 »
This is what my Nutcracker looks like - the original head gave me nightmares!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 18:49:05 »
This is what my Nutcracker looks like - the original head gave me nightmares!

Much better - and in this case, I will even tolerate THAT hair!

You think whoever did the figure didn't try the hat?!