Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77456 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2020, 20:36:21 »
Thank you for showing this :)

That first one with the mask is gorgeous (minus head+hair!)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2020, 09:34:16 »
The Scooby-Doo mystery bags are one of most exciting new release for many years. Many parts are just sweet. Many thanks for sharing the pictures: we cannot wait, this side of the ocean. :yup: :yup:

May I ask: how much do they cost, each, in the States?

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2020, 17:11:55 »
May I ask: how much do they cost, each, in the States?

With sales tax, they came to about $4.15 each.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2020, 20:41:00 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2020, 23:49:19 »
Hey Jim, how many bag to a case, do you know? They are smaller than the figures ones so I am assuming 24?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2020, 02:17:10 »
Hey Jim, how many bag to a case, do you know? They are smaller than the figures ones so I am assuming 24?

I haven't been able to count a full box, as I've been buying them piecemeal from WMArt. I got the box because I bought the last 4 that were in it & just snagged it. I'm assuming 24, as well. BTW, my WMart is selling Series 15 next to Scooby-Doo, & they are also in the smaller-sized case.

I don't know if this means that WMart is getting this sized box exclusively, & that toy stores may have the regular Series size boxes for Scooby....?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2020, 22:27:51 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2020, 00:33:45 »
I don't have any pictures to share yet, but I've acquired some great items recently. Sir Troy's Toy Kingdom gave me two of their Florida FunPark animated displays, the Fire Brigade & the Royal Princess. They are still in their boxes here at home; I have to get an electrical adapter as it's a European system. They are very large; the two displays filled the back of our pickup. Here is Sir Troy, w/ my partner to the right.

Deluxe Toy & Hobby has given me many store wall displays, including Novelmore, & a small Scooby-Doo display box which holds the van & figures; over the weekend I purchased two unopened full window displays, which are also still in their large boxes. One is Novelmore & the other the new Mermaids. The Novelmore display has the Burnham Raiders Fortress, the Wolf Team, & the Water Ballista. $197 in those three sets from Playmobil, which I got for $100, along with the large display stand.

The mermaids display has the Pearl Shell Nightlight, the Mermaids Cove, the Pearl Collectors w/ Manta Ray, the Beauty Salon, & the Sea Snail Gondola. These sets come to $175 on the Playmobil site, but it was also just $100.

I'll try to get pics soon, but I haven't even put together The Movie display I got a few months ago.

The best thing, other than the $ savings, is that all the sets have their stickers already applied.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 17:34:04 by JLMatterer »

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2020, 16:49:53 »
You certainly got some great bargains there, JLM! When a PM haul fills a pickup truck, that's what I call a big win! The good relationship you have cultivated with Sir Troy has certainly paid dividends.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Scooby-Doo Store Display
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2020, 17:37:14 »