Author Topic: A gadget for popping klickies  (Read 4483 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: A gadget for popping klickies
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 07:25:15 »
I agree, you should at least ask for a replacement. There seem to be signs of plastic fatigue on that last picture. I wonder if some colours are weaker?
I'm still waiting for mine, I hope I won't be disappointed!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 11:45:12 »
Not happy with my purchase after all. :'(
Karma.  :giggle:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 09:16:23 »
I received mine as well (via the links I posted in this topic). The delivery was supposed to be in 3 weeks, but I received mine after 1 week already! So far it works great, but I still have to test it on klickies with coats.

UPDATE: doesn't work for klickies with coats.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 17:11:09 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 21:41:39 »
Looks a fragile gadget to me. Home-made 3D-printed plastic with a non-industrial printer?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 09:00:00 »
Looks a fragile gadget to me. Home-made 3D-printed plastic with a non-industrial printer?

Ah! I never thought of that. I wonder if there is any way of reinforcing it before use, with a metal band perhaps? When mine arrives, I will experiment.....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 16:00:34 »
This is an informative thread, thanks everyone!

Ah! I never thought of that. I wonder if there is any way of reinforcing it before use, with a metal band perhaps? When mine arrives, I will experiment.....

I look forward to your experimenting.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 16:12:19 »
Still waiting for my birthday....

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 13:04:14 »
This tool looks horrible if you ask me and cheap quality, no surprise it breaks easily. I wouldn't get it even if it was free , don't want to decapitate my klickies anyways !!!  :o
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 19:34:47 »
Posted this in the PROCESS, but better here too.

Like I said, I don't find this very useful for the "normal" klickys (including speedos), because I have my own methods now (between the popper, whacking and yanking..  :P ), much faster...

However, I thought this would be useful for me for the weirdos.  I was sent a KekoKrak v2, and finally I tried it with a couple of these (I had popped a speedo before, just to see it work with some friends ;) )

So, decided to pop a super 4 fairy and one of the spirit weirdos..

Unfortunately, doesn't work with fixed hair... I hadn't thought of that... I suppose it's a duh. I have no idea how this can be solved.

Amazingly, I managed to yank her head just pulling (I believe it must have been somehow messed up - tried others and I couldn't :( )

Then, found out this one already existed in a different version (we don't know the series, so, first come, first stays) - this one to change.

Worked fine. But it CRAAAAAACKED mightily. I was afraid I had broken something... But didn't ;D

EEK.

And there:

I think this is a useful tool to add to the available methods. I cannot comment on durability, since I only popped a couple... but it did work fine for those...

And like I said before.. if I didn't know how to pop them.... I'd FREAKIN KILL for one of these! >:D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 19:54:16 by tahra »