Author Topic: 5122 Pig Pen  (Read 5239 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
5122 Pig Pen
« on: August 10, 2012, 15:01:21 »
I got this set a couple of months ago.  I really like the Farm Theme and all the animals, so I thought I would do a review of set  5122.

Here is the front of the box,

the side art

and the back of the box.

The contents: 

Contents of Bag 1

Bag 2

Bag 3

All Set Up

Besides the pigs, there is also a mole and his hole and a crow.  The tree is well constructed and provides shade for the piglets.   
I think it is a great little set and the pink pigs in set 7021 do too!  Although it may get a little too cozy at bedtime.  :lol:

The farmer is now one of my favorite klickies.  I could totally see myself pulling weeds in the back yard in his outfit.  :yup:   

My only regret is that there weren't any grooming tools enclosed.  (That was for Ras.)  :lol:
Hope you enjoyed this review.
Joe

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 5122 Pig Pen
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 15:03:32 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: That bit about the grooming tools cracked me up!

A great review, Joe. :) I got this set not too long ago myself, and I definitely have to agree about the farmer. He's awesome! And the pigs of course are adorable. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 15:11:20 »
great, no grooming tools excuse.  :lol: Ok we just went camping on the lake and at night a 400 pound momma pig and her 2 piglest came in at 2am to raid our camp. Last years litter of 6 stayed 20 yards away. They looked just like these pigs so now I have to get them. I must have chased those pigs half dozen times as she came back for our coolers every 30 minuts. On one chase I kicked a rock or ? and exploded my pinky toe. I do not even know if it will go back together :-\ Next time I go camping in that area I will be eating pork sandwitches ;) as payment for the toe  ;D

Great review of a nice farm set Joe, thanks its on the list
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 15:29:53 »
Awwww such a cute set!!! Lovely piggies and the farmer is certainly a very lovable klicky!!!
Thank you for these pics and the review, Joe!!! :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 16:04:17 »
And that mole in his hole, how cute  :love:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 17:33:50 »
Thanks for the review Joe.  :wave: I love the look of the pigs and the little half circle barn. 

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 18:12:11 »
Thanks for the review Joe! I really like this set, but I've given up farm collecting. Hmmm, I guess it could always work as part of a petting zoo! Do petting zoos typically have pigs? :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 18:14:17 »
Thanks for the review Joe! I really like this set, but I've given up farm collecting. Hmmm, I guess it could always work as part of a petting zoo! Do petting zoos typically have pigs? :wave:

Sometimes they have pot-bellied pigs. I'm using the little shelter that comes with this in my zoo, though, in the warthog and wild boar exhibits.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 18:20:04 »
Oh no Joe, I alway liked this set. After this review of yours I want it. The pigs look great and the sunflower.....well looks great too.

Thank you for this review and have fun with this set!

:wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 19:24:27 »
Oh! Pig Pen! Somehow I was expecting a huge clock. Thought Joe had a cold so he couldn't spell the "b" correctly!  ;D
Nice review, the pigs are, with the cows, always very welcome in knights castles (and at their table too, as ribs!)  ;)
Life in the so called space age...