Author Topic: Has anyone else heard of this?  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Has anyone else heard of this?
« on: December 14, 2009, 16:34:25 »
I called USA DS this morning to check on some emergency parts for a current project, & they showed them in stock  ;D! But when I tried to order 2 additional part numbers that were from an older set, I was told they were out of stock, & when I asked if the 6-8 week resupply date was still in effect, I was told; they did not know when or if they would ever get my wanted out of stock items again, & it was currently taking up to a year to get a fresh supply of parts  :o! The reason for the new delay was the parts were being inspected during shipping causing all kinds of problems  :0. Could this mean that each batch of parts is being tested for lead content, & if there is a huge pallet of small parts without an inspection batch code, customs is being required to do the work of quality control  ???? It looks to me like any country outside of Europe will not be getting any restock parts or restocked inventory for custom projects at this rate  :no:!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 21:08:54 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Has anyone else heard of this?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 16:50:19 »
This is not good news.  :'( :'(  I wonder if parts that are rejected are sold off in bulk to be auctioned off to unsuspecting buyers on eBay?  :o ??? :o

:xholly: :lol: :lol: :xholly: ah well!  :xmascheer:

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 17:15:43 »
I don't know Gepetto! I had some difficulty understanding what my order taker was trying to describe, but as always she was very friendly, & just kept apologising for PM's inadequacy's. She stated in a paraphrased way that Germany PM was not shipping restock orders because of the delays, & tying up operating capital that is involved. She also stated that it involved all countries serviced by multiple yearly DS orders that were suffering alike. It seems it's not worth PM's efforts of fighting the system, whatever that system is, so complete sets may be the only offerings in the future until something changes!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 17:36:53 »
This may also explain the 6 month in process Canadian DS order that was recently discussed! It may not be an equitable way to build customs or enhance collections anymore, which is why many of us originally chose PM as our favorite "toy"  ;) of choice!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 18:53:24 »
I'd be surprised if PM contained any lead as the "hard stuff" is plastic and the decoration is cellulose based.  Not that these facts would stop customs officials checking for lead of course.  ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 19:00:43 »
Very true Gordon, but delays are not a concern of customs! It's just another way to stick it to the man!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 20:59:36 »
Hi  :elf:

While I was surfing the web I called. The phone was on hold for over an hour and then when they did finally pick up they hung up immediately   ::) I bet they have caller ID  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 21:04:55 »
Hi  :elf:

While I was surfing the web I called. The phone was on hold for over an hour and then when they did finally pick up they hung up immediately   ::) I bet they have caller ID  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I common practice I've found out, if it's getting close to quitting time! They don't want to get a caller that's going to cause overtime such as yourself with your 1 to 2 hour long DS orders  :lol:!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 21:10:23 »
I'd be surprised if PM contained any lead as the "hard stuff" is plastic and the decoration is cellulose based.  Not that these facts would stop customs officials checking for lead of course.  ;D

I wonder if customs has any job positions open for checking PM's parts orders  :toot:?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 00:20:13 »
I wonder if customs has any job positions open for checking PM's parts orders  :toot:?

Hi Bill  :elf:

Ah I see all this talk about mysterious large quantity Klickies gave you some ideas  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: