Author Topic: NEW US SETS !!  (Read 7149 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: NEW US SETS !!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 19:15:25 »
I'm not too impressed with 5809 so didn't get it when I was shopping today. 5808 though is a great set. You can't tell from the box front that the smallest rock formation slides into the crevice on the large one to make a hiding place. I will post photos some time soonish.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 19:51:14 »
 ???
well, it seems that the only pirate set yet to be seen from the list is the 5775 - Pirateninsel/Schiff...
has anyone seen it?
 ???
it seems that all the new american pirates' sets have black rock formations with white grafitti skulls.
the european ones seem to maintain the traditional grey rocks.
can this be an indication that the new u.s. sets won't be avaiable this side of the atlantic?

::)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 19:57:24 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 21:16:54 »
At first when i bought the 5808 i figured the skull was printed on the rock . i had it laying around for a few weeks and opened it today . THe skull is a decal and will be very usefull elsewhere . I would like to see where you useed this rock . I have yet to find usefull spots for System X rocks . I do not like the cannons at all . it shoots weekly and the ammo, what do you do with it  ??? What is the 5775 ? any pictures ? any info ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:29 »
Here 2 pics from set 5775, posted by LUMINA on the German Klickywelt-forum.
Nothing new...  ::)...no new klickies...and it's the same Schooner as in sets 3029/3860/4067, with 2 minor differences (which may make it 'collectable', but I'm not gonna buy one); a different printing on the black sails (a skull instead of a seadragon) and...hum... slightly larger gun-openings in the deck's railing for allowing the positioning of a Big Bertha cannon instead of a normal cannon.
The naval tower resembles the one in set 5727 from about 2 or 3 years ago.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 03:01:24 »
1. A pic of the very-much-alike schooner from the 'old' set 3029 for comparison.

2. Also one of the Schooner in set 5810. This one has more differences. Perhaps the hull is black instead of darkgrey, and the deck-colour may be a darker blue, like the deck from last year's 5778 Skull Ship. Sails also similar in layout as 5778 and the masts too have most probably the same colour as the ones in 5778. (I hope to be able to confirm this later this week as 'a package' is on it's way to my house  ;) )
The klickies aren't new either, the air-swinging sailor was to be found in set 5782 (2006) with a different hat (he has a very nice eyepatch!).

3. Pic from the backside of set 5810. As you see, there ain't much accessories included.

edit:
I just noticed in the pic that the 5810-Schooner is likely to also have the larger gun-openings as the one in 5775...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:23:38 by hadoque »

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 03:12:26 »
Here a pic from the backside of set 5804 "Skull Island"...
(I too don't like this set that much - particularly the skull-island itself - so I'm not gonna try to get one...but I would appreciate if someone could provide the partnumber for the samurai-sword in this set!   ;) )

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 03:21:03 »
And here a piccie from 5808...

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 03:42:23 »
And to finish (and to reach 100 posts ;D ) a piccie from 5807...
Few remarks about this one:
The grey barrel of the cannon (with the new firing-mechanism) is not a shiny silverish one as the ones in the previous schooner-sets. The red of the gun-carriage is also not the same red as the one f.e. in set 3174 (the schooner with red sails), but looks more like the red of the old cannons that came with the galleons (1st PMB-pirate ship's design, like 3750).
As the new 5810-schooner has only 1 cannon - and probably it is the same one - it will go well with that set.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 05:35:03 »
I like the black hat on the "swinging sailor", it would make a good hat for a British Royal Navy sailor, if one could add a blue top (maybe striped) and white trousers (with or without shoes). I have just one, that came in an eBay purchase of random bits and figures.

I need to go over my Hornblower DVDs and try to create a "look".

The Naval shore battery guys are nice too, but there always seems to be one captain to one lieutenant.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 10:17:41 »
 :wow:
than you hadoque for all the new picks.
the 5775 is also a disapointment to me.
i like it but the fact that the schooner is very much like the one in the 4067 is sad. :'(
will the stickers on the other sets be easy to place? the rocks are rather "curvy" with a lot of failiures... ???
... and by the way, congratulations on your 100th message mon capitaine.

:arrr:
    honni soit qui mal y pense