Author Topic: 5842 Mini Fire helicopter  (Read 6445 times)

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
Re: 5842 Mini Fire helicopter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 16:01:16 »
Well you are partially correct . Yes the red hoses are the same ones that came with the Mad Max race-cars and vacuum cleaner. But the silver nozzles are not totally useless. with a few parts it is very easy to make them work

I put this together in 3 minutes and it may pose a little flight or landing problem  :lol: but i was unwilling ( at this point ) to cut the hoses to fit properly . "Watch out for that tree" George is now a Fire fighter  :P

Lol

cool 
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 16:24:15 »
The pics fed in with no problem this time.  An interesting configuration of equipment!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 17:33:03 »
The pics fed in with no problem this time.  An interesting configuration of equipment!

Yes and it gives the crew plinty to do back at the station ( all the fun hose drying and rolling )  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:48:04 »
Does it make the canon actually work, Ras? ...

If it does, it may well be done with shorter er ... don't know how to say "mangueira" in English :-[ I'm definitely not a firefighter collector.

Anyway, if the ?? (white parts) are shorter, maybe it'll get more ... useful ;D

If the canons can actually shoot, then it's solved, I think.

It was a great idea, by the way.

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 07:12:22 »
Does it make the canon actually work, Ras? ...

If it does, it may well be done with shorter er ... don't know how to say "mangueira" in English :-[ I'm definitely not a firefighter collector.

Anyway, if the ?? (white parts) are shorter, maybe it'll get more ... useful ;D

If the canons can actually shoot, then it's solved, I think.

It was a great idea, by the way.

Gus

Gus, if you go back and read what Rasputin actually wrote, he said this set up does make the nozzles work, but he was unwilling to cut the hoses at the time for this test.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 07:45:02 »
Gus, if you go back and read what Rasputin actually wrote, he said this set up does make the nozzles work, but he was unwilling to cut the hoses at the time for this test.

The length of hose and how it "lies" appear to be crucial to the successful working of the Playmobil water systems, particularly the pressurised one.  Because the hose connectors only push in to the tank at one end and the nozzle at the other, the hose has a dual role - acting as a channel for the water and also acting as a means of absorbing excess pressure which would blow the hose connector either out of the water tank or out of the nozzle.  With the pressurised system I once cut the hoses down between the two tanks to minimise the space they took up and found that connectors regularly blew off, even during the pressurising process.  Also, having the hose too straight between the tank and the nozzle tended to produce the same problem.  By using longer lengths of hose (the standard Playmobil length) and allowing curves in the hose, the problem was solved.  With the older tank where you press a button to pump the water through the hose, the length of hose seems less crucial.  The same factors may apply to the new helicopter water system.

The hose in the firefighter carry set (review coming up) is different from early hose, being semi-transparent.  Whether this is just a change in the type of plastic or to solve the "pop-off" problem with connectors I don't know.  The real solution is to have the connection of the hose to the water tank and the hose to the nozzle locking in some way, but this may be difficult to do because of the scale and possible cost.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”