Author Topic: 5302 Bistro De Paris  (Read 12383 times)

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
5302 Bistro De Paris
« on: November 08, 2010, 23:03:59 »
Well it's done, finshed, photographed, blogged, YouTubed, and now it's the turn of the forum Yeah! :D  :cheerlead:

At last after a couple of months work the converted Bistro has arrived. Oh what a job this has been I've had to paint it, decorate it, make furniture, order spares - then order again and again as I lost a part. ::) I don't know how but while making the wallpaper I lost the back of the window, then the front, then the middle  :wall:  But I can still say it's been a fun build. I spent Sunday taking pictures outside, looked at them decided I didn't like them and had to retake in my living room. So today at last I can finally share the complete thing.

(P.S sorry if you've seen the blog this is just a repeat)

This is 5302 the new Grand Doll's House from Playmobil which I managed to get hold of in September and started work on transforming it into a French Bistro.

Although this is a nice building I thought the yellow walls and orange windows were very plastic looking and not really what I wanted so my first job was to paint this building. I decided on a two tone building and picked grey and cream so the colours would work with the red roof.

As you can see I've also replaced the door frame on the middle floor and filled in the door panels with extra grates. I've also painted the bottom windows red and the others white. With highlights added to all the frames. I've added on the main Bistro sign, a menu to the right of the door above the postbox and small sign above the door.

This is the staff of the Bistro along with a Chef (not shown), there's the Maitre'D, barman and waiters, and a singer with her piano player.

So this is what you've been waiting for.... (I hope) the inside of my Bistro.  The original mansion is very open plan and I don't think is really serves as a doll's house like that. I mean who would want to see into the bathroom from the bedroom etc, but as a shop or restaurant I think it's great. Lots of room to play with.

I picked a very warm and vibrant red colour to go with the dark wood to give a rich warm feeling to the building, this was helped by adding Playmobil lights to each floor so the whole thing ends up with a warm glow to it. A great cosy place to visit a cold winters evening.

On the left is the kitchen cooking and prep area. It has two ovens, an extra large table and double cupboards.The centre has a plate rack, sink unit and second prep table, with a small dividing wall which supports the light switch. The right hand side is a store room with racks of wine bottles and shelves of food. It also hides the battery pack for the lights.

This is the kitchen lit up.

Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: 5302 Bistro De Paris
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 23:15:59 »
I can't stop looking at it. :o :o :o
It is PERFECT! :wow: :wow: :wow:
There is so much there! :love:
So GREAT! ;D ;D ;D
Magnificent again Emma! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 23:18:44 »
The restaurant is on the middle floor, with four dinning tables, buffet and waiters on call.

Lights on...

This is the ground floor bar. The left hand side has a singer with working piano and player. with the Maitre'D by the bar ready to greet the customers on the right, and in the middle the dance floor.

The nightime look.

And now the complete view at night.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 23:23:01 »
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

What are the waiters outfits from?
They look great for some customs I would like to make... ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 23:27:27 »
 :wave: Hi Warrior, thanks for the praise. The waiters were the new red magician without his coat and with new arms.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 23:40:23 »
Bonjour Emma  :wave:

Another exquisite masterpiece which bears all the hallmarks of our favorite Victorian Customizer  :love:

Everything is perfect down to the smallest detail and just like in your previous creations, it shows a great sense of humour too and your characters are always having a great time  :cham: :cheerlead:

You have succeeded in creating a cabaret style intimate lighting and one just want to join in the fun !

You are an endless source of inspiration for me and I salute your incredible talent, limitless imagination !

You bring sunshine in a rainy day for each of us and this m dear Emma, is simply priceless  :cloud9:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 00:23:51 »
This is absolutely AMAZING!!!! Unbelievable! I can only imagine how many hours of work and planning must have gone into this magnificent custom. You have dona a brilliant job of working with the floorplan of the building. I love the dance floor! It's so obvious, really, to use that stepdown for the dance floor, but I never would have thought of it. It's just beautiful. Literally took my breath away when I saw the first picture of it, of the colors you used on the outside of it.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:10:07 »
Brilliant! the BAR is my absolute favorite!!!! excellent job Emma!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:08 »
Bravo, Emma J (or is it Brava?) . . . anyway it is truly aweinspiring!   :love:  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:17:30 »
Beautiful work Emma! Some wonderful ideas there, and your touch with color is always spot on.