Author Topic: American Civil War - Small Diorama  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Limorrj

• Playmo Fanatic
American Civil War - Small Diorama
« on: April 18, 2013, 23:21:59 »
This week have arrived some new custom soldiers of France, so I decided to put all together in this little diorama of the American Civil War.
As I wanted to get away a bit of the "Blue and Gray" and I used only units "Zouaves", "1st South Carolina United States Volunteers Infantry" and "Berdan's Sharpshooters".
Hope you enjoy.
Greetings.
Leonardo

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: American Civil War - Small Diorama
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 01:42:51 »
oh, very well done Leonardo!!
I like all of them....and the officer's yellow cap is strikingly beautiful! (when do they wear yellow? French officers?)
and I like the turbaned ones...do you have a clearer pic...those turbans look so appropriate, even tho I would have balked at the idea years back :P

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:51 »
Great idea! Love the sharpshooters :love:

Offline Keesinho

• Playmo Fanatic
  • The Pale Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 20:41:49 »
Impressive!!!

Only one thing stands out negatively - and its not your fault - but what on earth is is with those new light blue union caps that Playmobil have introduced??? They are so ugly and totally inferior to their predecessors!

But that aside, I hope you will post some more of your great collection! I really should rally my troops for a photoshoot!

Offline Limorrj

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:16:55 »
Impressive!!!

Only one thing stands out negatively - and its not your fault - but what on earth is is with those new light blue union caps that Playmobil have introduced??? They are so ugly and totally inferior to their predecessors!

But that aside, I hope you will post some more of your great collection! I really should rally my troops for a photoshoot!

This new light blue union caps have a officer insignia on top, this is because I've used them on a 1st sergeant.
But I agree with you that they are ugly and not history correct.
Greetings.
Leonardo

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34:59 »
They look armed and dangerous! good thing you put them behind a fence so they can't escape.  ;)

Offline Limorrj

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 18:59:59 »
They look armed and dangerous! good thing you put them behind a fence so they can't escape.  ;)
Nice idea!  ;)
But fence is to delay the enemy attack.
This was a war strategy successfully used in "Battle of Gettysburg".
Greetings
Leonardo