Author Topic: Making bigger diorama  (Read 1453 times)

Offline FitzChevalric_Ziener

• Playmo Enthusiast
Making bigger diorama
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:40 »
I got an short squestion: I'm making mij diorama bigger and it's viewed from both sides. But i want it to have a real town feeling. So my question is should i put the two lane road through the middle with the buildings on both sides or the building back-to-back in the middle with a single road around it.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Making bigger diorama
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:44:54 »
Either would work. 

The advantage of the road down the middle is that people can look down the road at eye level, just as if they were walking down a street with buildings either side.

The advantage of the road round the outside is that people can see more with a side view.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Making bigger diorama
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:54:06 »
Hm, that's an interesting question. I think it depends if there will be a lot to see inside the buildings, or if most of the action will be outdoors. If there is a lot going on inside the buildings, it will be harder to see if they are back to back. But if most of the action is to be seen outside, then either way works, and back to back might be slightly better.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.