Author Topic: 4-way-Steck-connetcor: A letter to Playmobil  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
4-way-Steck-connetcor: A letter to Playmobil
« on: July 20, 2010, 22:36:54 »
Hello everybody at Playmofriends,

this is a project that was started on KlickyWelt, but in our opinion it should not be limited to this one site.

Members of KlickyWelt have come up with the idea of asking GEOBRA to make a special edition of the 4-way-Steck-connector:

30 05 3070 - Wall Connector, 4-way female

We hope that sending letters to GEOBRA will convince them that collectors are willing to participate in such projects and pay for some items that are urgently wanted by countless fans of Playmobil all over the world.

If you think you would buy this item if it was produced in packages of 4 GRAY (colored like the other Steck walls) connectors, then don't hesitate to download the letter to your hard disk, print it, fill in the missing pieces of information and send it to the address taht you can find on top of the letter.

The following link leads you to a section of KlickyWelt open to guests (you needn't register) where you can download the letter as PDF-document.

http://www.klickywelt.de/4-way-steck-connector-t41582.html

The letter reads:

I make a wish....

Dear Sir or Madam at GEOBRA,                                 Date:

I've been a great fan of Playmobil for many years and I collect and construct with this marvellous toy series. Now I'm writing because of I promise of purchase I'd like to make.

I'd ask you to produce - in a new version - one of the most useful parts of the Steck-system in GRAY. Up to now this element has only been produced in light brown ETN 30 05 307 and it was only contained in the sets 3716 Farm and 3769 Ranch which have been sold out for many years.

If this part was newly produced I'd order immediately X packages containing four gray 4-way connectors.

I sincerely hope that my wish may meet your approval and that your DS-products can add one more ingenious item to their list.

Yours sincerely,

Signature:

First name, Name:

Address:

Postal Code, City:

Of course, we can't be sure about the outcome, but we think it's well worth a try. Up to now, we know that about 250 packages were ordered, but I'm sure we can do better than that. If support for this project grows, we might be able to make it come true.

Thank you for joining the project.

Simon - Playmofool

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 4-way-Steck-connetcor: A letter to Playmobil
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 00:51:44 »

Hello, Playmofool ...

This "mail-in" campaign is very timely!

Everyone who is interested in a 4-way gray connector for their Steck castles should definitely send Playmobil a postcard. By doing this, it confirms our strength!

Geobra's management seems to be very impressed with our strength when our Playmobil Community works together.

Playmofriends, if you want a 4-way connector for your Playmobil Steck castles, send in your postcards.

See the post from Socrates ... HERE!

All the best,
Richard

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:07:13 »
Thanks for the link Playmofool :) I'd love to get my hands on a pile of these parts. I'm downloading and sending the letter in tomorrow's mail.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:21:32 »
Fantastic Playmofool!!! Thank you so much for this link and letter!!! I'll get down to it!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 06:50:03 »
Nobody got a reply so far?  ???
There already went some time by...

Looking forward to the outcome... :)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:30:03 »

Well, at least nobody told us that we could be absolutely sure to see the connector produced in the near future. Still with support from ALL sides and ALL forums we think that the chances for us collectors to make this project come true are not THAT bad.

Simon

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:25:10 »

There already went some time by...

Zirndorf is very much aware of this request, Socrates!

The "postcard", that you and Simon showed us, was the first thing that Gisela Kupiak showed me during our recent visit to Playmobil headquarters!

So, if you really want a gray 4-way connector for your Steck castles, please send those postcards!

Richard

Offline schluss

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:12:53 »

Zirndorf is very much aware of this request, Socrates!

The "postcard", that you and Simon showed us, was the first thing that Gisela Kupiak showed me during our recent visit to Playmobil headquarters!

So, if you really want a gray 4-way connector for your Steck castles, please send those postcards!

Richard

That are good news.
Let´s hope that they will find the mould , do a quick calculation on the prices and start to produce the connectors.

So: Please write letters and cards to Playmobil and pre-order those connectors....

Regards
Rainer

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 19:11:00 »
I sent my card a few weeks ago, hopefully the 4-way connector becomes a reality  :crossed: :crossed:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 20:14:03 »
excellent, cant wait to see this happening !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: