Author Topic: 'Asians'?  (Read 1696 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
'Asians'?
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:11:13 »
I saw this new Google 'banner' today.
Yes, I'm ranting again....why can't PM have these for 'Asians'....
ok ok...those coming out in Sept for boys and these in purple for girls next year ;) :D ;D :lol:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Re: 'Asians'?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 21:18:38 »
I think they're just trying to "cover all the bases" with a new line.

Which to someone who knows the difference and cares means they're really not satisfying anyone. 

The dragon theme must be selling well as its still around.  Yet any historical sets were gone after a year or so (Romans, Egyptians, prehistoric). Yes, I know all the things they did wrong - like no opponents for the Romans and Egyptians.

Maybe the Asians are to be opponents for the dragon knights? 

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:08:18 »
....The dragon theme must be selling well as its still around.  Yet any historical sets were gone after a year or so (Romans, Egyptians, prehistoric).

....Maybe the Asians are to be opponents for the dragon knights?

right, WM....whatever the kids want....
but schools should consider replacing history teachers with....sigh...... :'( :(

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:11:26 »
right, WM....whatever the kids want....
but schools should consider replacing history teachers with....sigh...... :'( :(

As a teacher, who also has a degree in history, besides my B.Ed., I can tell you that it is extremely rare for any teacher to actually KNOW the subject matter (when it comes to history) and they only teach from the textbook.  Most of the textbooks are quite poor - to say the least! 

To compound this, most of the teachers do not actually know the history themselves.  Yet, year after year, they teach the same material - yet, they do not teach historical fact.  It's really unbelievable!