Author Topic: ordering on the internet  (Read 2829 times)

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
ordering on the internet
« on: March 03, 2007, 20:49:45 »
Hi, :wave:

Can anyone tell me the best way to order part, not sets,  using
the internet? ???

I'd rather not use the telephone service unless I have to.

Seawarrior :arrr:
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: ordering on the internet
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 21:46:23 »
I usually make up an Excel spreadsheet and then attach this to an email to the UK DS.  I ask them to email me with the total cost of the order and details of any parts not available and then 'phone them with my credit card details.  At that time, too, I may add on extra items I forgot before or alternative items for any not available.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:22:52 »
In the US it's most efficient to make up your list and then phone in an order to the Parts Department. 1-800-Playmobil
Your best bet will be parts from current sets or those in the last 5 years. Much beyond that and they are unlikely to have it. Never hurts to try of course.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 18:19:56 »
I order the same way as Gordon, but usually I just make a simple list in text form (rather than a spreadsheet) and put it in the body of the e-mail. Works just fine in the UK. :yup:

However, I reckon it would be best to follow Tiermann's instructions since he's had plenty of experience ordering from the US department. ;)

Make sure you have a part number for each separate item you want to order before contacting the Direct Service, as this makes the process a lot faster and more accurate. If you don't have the original plans, then a lot of numbers can be resourced from Heather's PlaymoDB site, as I'm sure you've already discovered. :)

If you still can't find the part number you need, then sometimes a clear description of the item and a set reference number will be enough for them to work from.

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 01:34:28 »

When I lived in Wales I
didn't get the things I ordered
for months! >:( This is all very helpfull
info, :) Thanks.

seawarrior :arrr:
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 02:21:51 »

When I lived in Wales I
didn't get the things I ordered
for months! >:( This is all very helpfull
info, :) Thanks.

seawarrior :arrr:
Depending when that was, turnround time is better now.  I've had emailed an order in the morning and it's been processed and the cost back to me by early afternoon.  Delivery times tend to be quicker now - on my latest order I was quoted for delivery in up to two weeks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”