Author Topic: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2024, 16:02:35 »
The box sizes have noticeable changed in the last year or two. They are different shapes and have less air in most of them. Some will always be oversized because certain big pieces just won't fit in the smaller dimensions.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2024, 13:16:29 »

I think if you check box sizes you will find that there is a relationship to make the fullest use of space of available space when shipping.

Absolutely 100% not

There is a massive amount of wasted space
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2024, 15:11:14 »
Absolutely 100% not

There is a massive amount of wasted space

I am referring to wasted space in the shipping container.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2024, 00:33:57 »
I am referring to wasted space in the shipping container.

Yes, there is plenty of wasted space, it’s inside the box .

If a company can fit twice as many sets in the same shipping container that either makes the company more profit or brings down the overall price

When one of my business partners buys shipping containers full of product from China he regularly orders 100’s more just so the container is 100% full . Then it’s less likely to get flagged at port of entry for inspection, saving valuable time and funds .

Pack those box’s full, save the space , bring down the price, sell more volume , make more profit, repeat ……..
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2024, 01:59:53 »
There's probably lots of considerations with the box sizes. They need to be a standard range, obviously, but I also suspect there's a belief that the box forms part of the advertising, and a nice, big box with a big image looks better on the shelf in a shop.

Offline JPSA

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2024, 03:20:09 »
. . . but I also suspect there's a belief that the box forms part of the advertising, and a nice, big box with a big image looks better on the shelf in a shop.

Maybe they could have a 24inch (3:2 aspect) TV on the shelves, displaying a slideshow of box art, surrounded by stacks of volume-minimized, 'flatpack' sets.