Author Topic: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?  (Read 19479 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2021, 04:42:24 »
(I added a close quote tag to tidy up your post, Klicky_Ghost)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2021, 09:46:25 »
I would also like to see lemons and limes. The old pirate ships had crates of fruit, but these obvious scurvy preventatives remain missing. They could also, of course, be used in farmers' markets & cetera.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2021, 12:50:35 »
    Yes, they reissued the Victorian laundress, which I can't imagine a lot of people were asking for (though I was thrilled). Why can't they reissue some of the sets which are sure to be more popular, and presumably just as easy to produce, like the Flower Seller (5400)?

I must admit I, too, was a bit surprised at that one, especially since the Victorian line has been a bit neglected in the re-issues stakes.

I would have thought the most useful single-Victorian item they could offer would be the single-window wall from the extension floor and the straight connector (or just, you know, re-issue the extension floor  :lol:)[/list]

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2021, 21:16:17 »
I agree on lemons and limes. They did slices of them in the Everdreamerz series 1 Kimby and Karmela figures that are great to have. Would love to at least see those pieces back in a general release set or two.

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2021, 02:32:15 »
    (I added a close quote tag to tidy up your post, Klicky_Ghost)

Oh dear!  :-[ Thanks for cleaning up after me.

I would have thought the most useful single-Victorian item they could offer would be the single-window wall from the extension floor and the straight connector (or just, you know, re-issue the extension floor  :lol:)[/list]

Yes! The single window wall piece was so difficult for me to track down, I just ended up buying another extension floor. As asking for a reissue of the entire Victorian mansion seems unfeasible, it would be wonderful if Playmobil would consider reissuing the single story 5305, perhaps reissuing the extension floor at the same time.

I imagine a reissue of the Victorian fencing alone would be most welcome to many, myself included.

I would also like to see lemons and limes. The old pirate ships had crates of fruit, but these obvious scurvy preventatives remain missing. They could also, of course, be used in farmers' markets & cetera.

Lemons and limes are great suggestions! And oranges! Citrus fruits were known to the ancient Romans, so it could also work into those sets as well. Lemons, limes, and oranges are very distinctive to children, so it is surprising that they have been neglected while watermelon, pineapple, and bananas have been in multiple sets.
    We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline IJL

• Playmo Enthusiast
    « Reply #25 on: June 15, 2021, 19:04:24 »
    How could I have forgotten fauns/satyrs! Those would be good for Greek mythology and have cross-over value for other kinds of fantasy, like unofficial Narnia.

Big yes on Cerberus and Minotaur. While at it might as well ask for a Faun or Satyr  and a Centaur. Centaurs have been super popular in customs for years now.

The Victorian camera will be back this Christmas in the next Back to the Future advent calendar. Many of us are happy about that.

They do seem to read these threads sometimes. We have a long time thread on animals people want to see and a great many of them have turned up over the years. The recent red panda looks exactly like one someone posted a drawing of a few years back in that thread. The swan was one of my suggestions a long time ago and it happened. The ice cream shop using the harbor set pieces that came out this year is almost an exact copy of a custom one I did in a diorama posted here a few years ago.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
    « Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 03:21:21 »
    Lemon and lime slices are now pieces but actual whole fruit not just yet.
    This might be a substitute for limes at least:

https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-23-5032

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
    « Reply #27 on: October 23, 2021, 22:07:16 »
      I must admit I, too, was a bit surprised at that one, especially since the Victorian line has been a bit neglected in the re-issues stakes.

No idea she was a Victorian until much, much later lol. I got her when she was marketed under Knights. Always wondered why she looked so different.

I whole-heartedly agree! I'd like to see more food variation in general. I believe the new Asterix sets had some new meat available? In addition:

Satyr/faun (I second this)

Skeletal horse (they made my night-mare!  :love:)

Carnival games

Proper werewolf

More variation on dragons outside of the Western designs (highly disappointed with the "Asian-inspired" ones. Plus they all are starting to look too similar)

More sea creatures, preferably deep sea (not the water park mascot)

More "oriental" buildings could be pleasant as they already have so many figures to match the aesthetic. Some say the old 3019 is inspired by it a bit.

Variation in treasure maybe? Like more jewels? Sacks of spice would just be useful in general. New bottle molds too?

Wall art like the old stick-on paintings!  :love:

And honestly a lot more, but I'd need my own thread for that lol.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
      « Reply #28 on: February 20, 2022, 10:10:53 »
      baby camels
      a banjo
      other colors of hamsters
      pangolins

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
      • Playmo Master
      « Reply #29 on: February 24, 2022, 00:01:24 »
      I keep dreaming of a tram  :love: would really love that.
      ... and then dusk came and brought despair.