Author Topic: Power supply  (Read 5602 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Power supply
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 13:46:58 »
I believe thread can be closed, i got all my questions answered! I'd like to thank mr. Junker Jörg and mr. Playmofire for their replies. Much appreciated, keep playing with playmo!

:wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 15:28:26 »
I believe thread can be closed, i got all my questions answered! I'd like to thank mr. Junker Jörg and mr. Playmofire for their replies. Much appreciated, keep playing with playmo!

Glad to be of help.  Enjoy running your train when you have the new traction tyre fitted.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 19:03:59 »
N.B Traction tyres are still available from Playmobil direct services. They are called Perbunane Rings 7231 hope this might help anyone who needs them.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 19:57:23 »
N.B Traction tyres are still available from Playmobil direct services. They are called Perbunane Rings 7231 hope this might help anyone who needs them.

Useful point, Walter, thanks for mentioning it.

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 10:23:12 »

Thank you sir for info, they are available in my country's ds!!! ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 17:02:03 »
When you have your loco running properly, it would be good to see it, please.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 09:18:27 »
Oh, tut mir leid, ich hatte das Thema völlig aus den Augen verloren. Schön, zu sehen, daß die Tipps geholfen haben. Wenn der Ring fehlt, dann tut sich der Tender noch schwerer, weil das Rad mit der Kerbe gar keine Reibung auf's Gleis bringt. Mehr Gewicht => schau mal in einem Laden für Anglerbedarf. Dort gibt's Gewichte, die auch in den Tender passen (Du wirst halt mehrere brauchen). 2kg ist an sich kein großes Gewicht, LBG-Loks wiegen 4kg und mehr. ABER: Die Kunststoffmechanik des Playmobilmotors ist eigentlich nicht für solche Lasten ausgelegt. Wenn Du Pech hast, werden die Zahnräder irgendwann ihren Geist aufgeben  :-\.

Sorry, I entirely forgot about that topic (mail notifications don't work - whyever). Good to see, you found a solution. A missing perbunane ring makes the tender lose even more friction due to the grove not getting proper contact to track at all; so that WAS a problem!
More weight DOES give your tender better traction. But it also causes more stress to the cogwheels. An LGB engine can have 4kg and more, but its gears are made to deal with that - Playmobil's are not. Though if looking for some extra weight fitting INTO the tender check anglers shops. They're selling small weights needet for fishing - and fitting into a Playmobil engine (you might need several of them, but it'll work).

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 15:49:48 »
Oh, tut mir leid, ich hatte das Thema völlig aus den Augen verloren. Schön, zu sehen, daß die Tipps geholfen haben. Wenn der Ring fehlt, dann tut sich der Tender noch schwerer, weil das Rad mit der Kerbe gar keine Reibung auf's Gleis bringt. Mehr Gewicht => schau mal in einem Laden für Anglerbedarf. Dort gibt's Gewichte, die auch in den Tender passen (Du wirst halt mehrere brauchen). 2kg ist an sich kein großes Gewicht, LBG-Loks wiegen 4kg und mehr. ABER: Die Kunststoffmechanik des Playmobilmotors ist eigentlich nicht für solche Lasten ausgelegt. Wenn Du Pech hast, werden die Zahnräder irgendwann ihren Geist aufgeben  :-\.

Sorry, I entirely forgot about that topic (mail notifications don't work - whyever). Good to see, you found a solution. A missing perbunane ring makes the tender lose even more friction due to the grove not getting proper contact to track at all; so that WAS a problem!
More weight DOES give your tender better traction. But it also causes more stress to the cogwheels. An LGB engine can have 4kg and more, but its gears are made to deal with that - Playmobil's are not. Though if looking for some extra weight fitting INTO the tender check anglers shops. They're selling small weights needet for fishing - and fitting into a Playmobil engine (you might need several of them, but it'll work).

thank you for your replay, i will go for a ring replacement directly from my country's ds as soon as they open again. i believe it is the best solution as tractor was created this way, ring included as friction tool. i imagine you can insert some weight under the wood volume, there is some space. as i intend to add more cars in future i consider a non optimal solution, adding sheer metal on the tender. 
But your idea for fishing parts is a nice one to keep in mind!

jj:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 18:41:12 »
Hello from Athens as well

If you are using the LGB style brass tracks I would stay away from putting any oil on them , its just going to make things worse. I also look forward to see some pics of your train and to read how these antislip rings performed. many years ago i put on the western train something like 8 western wagons and on the flat it pulled them without any problems. On the other hand when i set up outdoors my 4052 with just 2 red passenger wagons it was struggling a bit  ( and I was using a JUMBO LGB power unit !  :lol:  ) when at an angle . The weight that clip under the wagon are important to have.

The 4375 power supply was adequate as well when compared to the JUMBO unit ( there is a limit of power supply to the playmo motors which must not be exceeded with the JUMBO unit ) and mind you this comparison was made on a 40m+ total truck length (very clean as well)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: