Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22610 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2011, 16:53:44 »
I've never considered 1.2.3. as part of a collector's must-haves b/c their purposes are slightly different from those of the regular sets - they're for babies/toddlers!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2011, 19:29:44 »
I've never considered 1.2.3. as part of a collector's must-haves b/c their purposes are slightly different from those of the regular sets - they're for babies/toddlers!
But now that you are an uncle you have to start thinking diferently!  :lol: :lol: And get some 1.2.3 playmo!
Congratulations btw!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2011, 20:58:23 »
I really hate the entire Pirate-theme ...

mainly because I know I would try to get every single ship ever made if I started - and I definitly don't have the spave for that  :-[
It's a bit like a alcoholic hating alcohol ...

Bogro

How

I kind of have to agree with this logic  :eh?: I hate all Playmobil. If geobra never existed I could of afforded a 2nd farm  :lol:

I think a lot of personal choices are really governed by ones situation.

The ghost pirates are our youngest favorite. Every battle not a single sailor dies under the sieges of his 2 older brothers vast fleets .

The Circus is our Middle sons favorite due to his gymnastics training. He is a very silly soul as well. We go to all the circus's in our town (animals and all) and the only one we disliked was the one from Mexico. Part of the act is to pretend to almost fall (not funny)  :0

All the boys have been eagerly awaiting the Spy theme and have been watching old James Bond in preparation.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2011, 21:31:23 »
But now that you are an uncle you have to start thinking diferently!  :lol: :lol: And get some 1.2.3 playmo!
Congratulations btw!

thanks :D and that's true ;) i already got my nephew his first 1.2.3 set - I don't have to love it b/c I know it's just to introduce him to the playmobil world (although when you choose a 1.2.3. set for your children or nephews/nieces you normally make sure you like it or has good play value) - He won't be able to use it until he's 18 months old and he probably won't even know what it is b/c babies at that age normally don't know what a toy is, they just play with whatever they find or are given! :P

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 21:43:22 by Luis »
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2011, 22:13:49 »
I had the Playmobil bath toys , rattles, & chew toys for my grandchildren as infants! They were awesome :love:, but sadly, they weren't popular enough for Playmobil to continue manufacturing them!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2011, 22:14:01 »
I have to say I actually really like some of the 123 sets. They're really cute! I don't have any, because they don't exactly mix with regular PM, but when i have children, they will definitely own a few 123 sets before they are even born!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2011, 22:14:55 »
I had the Playmobil bath toys , rattles, & chew toys for my grandchildren as infants! They were awesome :love:, but sadly, they weren't popular enough for Playmobil to continue manufacturing them!

I would love to get some of those old baby toys, too, but they are pretty hard to find. I've been seeing some on ebay lately though.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2011, 23:14:35 »
I really hate the entire Pirate-theme ...

mainly because I know I would try to get every single ship ever made if I started - and I definitly don't have the spave for that  :-[
It's a bit like a alcoholic hating alcohol ...

But to be honest, the only theme I don't like is space. 
And I don't like Playmobil 1.2.3 either. I'd prefer Little People.

Bogro

one of the many reasons I love my playmobil is I never pay full price for any of the major items because if you're sleuthy enough you can find good deals online if you look hard enough.  My latest brag is a 99% complete and perfect condition 3750 vintage ship for US$17!  With crew and bell!  Don't let price discourage you alone.  The only thing limiting my growing pirate fleet now is SPACE!
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2011, 23:24:35 »
one of the many reasons I love my playmobil is I never pay full price for any of the major items because if you're sleuthy enough you can find good deals online if you look hard enough.  My latest brag is a 99% complete and perfect condition 3750 vintage ship for US$17!  With crew and bell!  Don't let price discourage you alone.  The only thing limiting my growing pirate fleet now is SPACE!

Space,......the final frontier! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2011, 23:28:33 »
Construction, Harbor, Fairies, are all kind of yawn-inducing to me.  I will give the port o potties a free pass cuz thats just funny.