Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22705 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2011, 12:33:20 »

i'am not that good with technology but i'll manage to post pictures one day i promise  ;)

We look forward to that day! If you need help, please, don't hesitate to ask!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2011, 12:51:24 »
I have to agree that I dislike the circus theme, 1,2, 3, and the ghost pirates. Who came up with the idea of ghost pirates anyway  ??? Also, I don't want to step on any toes, but I severely dislike system x  :hissyfit: I miss steck, at least for the castles, it looks so realistic and has so many possibilities for creation. System x just looks unfinished in my opinion.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2011, 12:59:22 »
I have to agree that I dislike the circus theme, 1,2, 3, and the ghost pirates.

i believe that playmobil  123 is nice but only to give them to kids under 3 years old  ;)

i love this 123 cat thought    :love: :love: :love:

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2011, 13:04:16 »

i believe that playmobil  123 is nice but only to give them to kids under 3 years old  ;)

i love this 123 cat thought    :love: :love: :love:

That is a really cute cat. I have a certain soft spot for cats  :-[ And I do suppose that 1,2,3 can be good for younger children, if you really want to start their love of PM early  ;)
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2011, 16:51:28 »
That is a really cute cat. I have a certain soft spot for cats  :-[ And I do suppose that 1,2,3 can be good for younger children, if you really want to start their love of PM early  ;)

exactly that's what i mean ,to start their life with PLAYMOBIL

:**: :**: :**: :**: :**: :**:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2011, 09:04:53 »
What we like or dislike is all a matter of personal interests and tastes.

I don't care for Ghost Pirates.  Too scary.

I don't like the Circus Theme.  Clowns are even scarier.

I don't care for the Fairy Theme, but I can see how little girls would like them.

The Mermaid Theme is just too strange for my tastes.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2011, 10:05:02 »
WOW, what a nice read this is :-)

Thanks for a great thread guys (I mean it) so much good stuff :-)

Personally I see value in most Playmobil Themes. But am mainly attracted to the medieval ones. I have been a Dungeon Master for Fantasy Role Playing Games for 17 years now and anything that I can use for that is fair game for me....Ghost Pirates can be used as Zombies (Yes I just might have a couple) And the New Jungle theme most people dislike have some very nice weird animals that are perfect in a Fantasy Medieval world.

As you all might know I am also working on a Zoo together with my wife (for many of the same reasons bonniebeth has stated we endorse the Zoo theme) but the Circus theme is bad form when it includes animals. I really like the Ciscus though when it is JUST people. (My wife works in a shelter for Exotic Mamals (up to Chimpanzees in size) and they actually do have a couple of Chimps that used to "work" in the Circus. They are now looking into also sheltering big cats, because one of the reasons Circus animals are sometimes not confiscated is that there is no good way to house them afterwards). For the Zoo we need many building pieces and city people, but cars and the like are not very usefull. Police buildings are great but we don't use them as such. I understand your point Bill in regards to the details of the Police and Fire themes and I fully agree, it is just something that I (we) don't collect.

My wife and duaghter just started in on the Princess Theme (I got my wife a 3019 for her birthday) and they already have a story Dollhouse to play with as well.

My son isn't much into Fire and Police themes but loves the Dragon Knights so he received the small tower for xmass and will probably get the big castle for his bday in August. He also likes the Egyptians a lot and we already have most of the sets lined up for him as presents.

So what we won't be buying anything of it seems is the secret Agent stuff (although my son said he loves the free DVD we recently got). Also we are staying away from the Pirates because eventhough I like the theme (and we have a 3750 and a schooner and a couple of 4444's) I don't want to start collecting it as avidly as I do Medieval. The Construction and Harbour themes are really not very usefull for the our collections so we are staying away from them (for now...I am trying to convince my wife, construction does happen in Zoo's but no luck sofar :) ). I guess thats a pretty comprhensive list of our likes/dislikes of the themes. Overall I understand and respect most themes it's just that we have to prioritize in life!

---
but i believe playmobil circuses don't show any of these sad events it's a quite happy theme i belive  8-)

Really...You don't see the two elephants on the box cover you posted?

Here is a list of all the circus related sets according to playmodb

Out of the 41 Circus sets that have been released (not counting specials and DS releases) 27 feature animals, thats 66%. How did you ever get to your:

"but i believe playmobil circuses don't show any of these sad events it's a quite happy theme i belive  8-)"

statement? Just wondering.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:23 »
I really hate the entire Pirate-theme ...

mainly because I know I would try to get every single ship ever made if I started - and I definitly don't have the spave for that  :-[
It's a bit like a alcoholic hating alcohol ...

But to be honest, the only theme I don't like is space. 
And I don't like Playmobil 1.2.3 either. I'd prefer Little People.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2011, 15:59:55 »
WOW, what a nice read this is :-)

---
Really...You don't see the two elephants on the box cover you posted?

Here is a list of all the circus related sets according to playmodb

Out of the 41 Circus sets that have been released (not counting specials and DS releases) 27 feature animals, thats 66%. How did you ever get to your:

"but i believe playmobil circuses don't show any of these sad events it's a quite happy theme i belive  8-)"

statement? Just wondering.

i didn't say that the circus theme doesn't have animals i said it doesn't show any sad events like abuse of animals there is not any catalog or box that shows a bad image that's what i mean  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2011, 16:05:05 »
You're not immune yet :evilplan:! :help:<---WoT

You were so right Bill! :o
Just yesterday I bough... Well, Ill show you guys... :hehe:
Steck is BACK! <:>