Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22602 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 14:28:04 »
I like the large round hay bales, & green & yellow tractor with a front grabbing bucket to load & unload the round hay bales!

Yeah, I'm REALLY excited about the big hay bales!

I'm not pretty, but I got a large,...collection ;)!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just read the whole thread again....there was a lot new since yesterday! It is fantastic (and a bit annoying sorry, but fun) how we loose track of the threads!  :lol: :lol:
From thems we don't like to addopting Bill, passsing through armed police and past and modern parenting!
This is so funny!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, this was quite a discussion last night. We were all on at the same time, so it was live. It tends to get more out of hand that way for some reason. Sorry about getting so far off topic, Luis.  :-[
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2010, 19:44:05 »
I don't like the rock-jungle theme at all, there are a few new animals but nothing I would buy an entire set to get. I am middle of the road on the Ghost Pirates. I don't like the big ship but do like the figures themselves. The animals are ok but I would rather have something more realistic. I feel the same about the Dragon knights theme. I like the dragons and the figures etc, but don't like the structures.
In general I am not liking what they are doing with battery operated sets lately. I would much rather see them do a realistic futuristic space theme. I think that would make more sense than the rock-jungle sets did.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2010, 21:15:12 »
This might sound extreme, but I think the dragonland is actually polluting the playmobil world. I think the gimmicks like laser gun and red gem swords and axes are cool, yet after some 3-minute excitement, they look pale and no longer fun.   

I think this is a lesson Playmobil may have to learn the hard way.  Hopefully quickly, though, so as not to lose too many customers who will move onto other toy lines.

Mind you, if Playmobil reduced the amount of sets they have on the market by half and just have those half good quality sets, I think it would be just fine.  I think we've been spoiled lately (last number of years) for the vast amount of sets Playmobil has been producing and the large number of themes.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2010, 22:37:22 »
This might sound extreme, but I think the dragonland is actually polluting the playmobil world. I think the gimmicks like laser gun and red gem swords and axes are cool, yet after some 3-minute excitement, they look pale and no longer fun.   

lol I complained about these too in a previous post, but I referred to them as lazer-powered chain saws
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2010, 17:56:08 »

agreed!

besides that theme was a copy (sorry but it's true) of another brand, right? what is it called??
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2010, 22:36:31 »
Ghost pirates! Without an hesitation. There was no need for those IMO. Inspired by Pirates of the Carribean, maybe?
The three headed sea snake is an interesting piece that would make a nice Hydra in an ancient Greek theme!
Cheers,
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:19 »
Why do so many of you dislike the city life, police, & Fire Dept. themes? In my opinion, they are the most life like :)9!

why i don't like them?  i don't find them artistic or good looking  :hmm: :hmm: for kids are good offcourse they have a lot of playing abilities  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2010, 12:23:44 »
What themes do you actually collect? I never see any pictures of your collection, but you are quick to be very negative of the modern themes? Have you even touched the new modern series releases, or do you go by pictures alone to develop your opinion?

i collect victorian western   pirates  all exept the last series (it's horible)  knights steck only   circus  and i collect msib from all themes even the working theme  from 80's and 90'

yes i had many stuff from the modern theme as a kid  i'm negative because i don't like them this doesn't mean that everyone has the same opinion with me
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2010, 12:29:56 »

I totally agree with you on the circus theme, Panos!  I DONOT go to any circus just because of the sad expressions on the animals faces, so I will not endorse any circus related subjects!

:lol: :lol: :lol:  they are just toys where do you see the sad expressions on animals the other themes with guns and swords  differ?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2010, 12:34:14 »
You should see circuses that come in our city from the easter Balkans... and the amount of animals they have...  :(

yes? in athens circuses don't often come? the circuses i've seen were in xalkidiki and thessaloniki i havn't seen any animals  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!