Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22700 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 19:14:02 »
But didn't the police theme always have guns?
The early police officers didnot have side arms at all. including sets; 3338, 3149, 3144, 3564.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 19:18:29 »
But didn't the police theme always have guns?

I've see policemen in London apprehending an armed suspect with their nightsticks only....  ;) Now the guy might have hurt a lot, but he lived to tell the tale...
You know that if a police officer shoots a suspect in greece, he/she is immidiately taken into custody... he/she can face serious charges even if he/she is fired upon...
A US police office, and correct me if I am wrong Bill, is allowed to use his/her sidearm, if all else fails and if the suspect is shouting at him/her, and come out clean...

Mainly, you have to consider the effects the visualisation of a gun has on ones psyche...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 19:18:55 »
I hope I never come across anything like this :'( it is one thing to know about it, and another to actually witness it :'(

Damo

Every year there is a well known circus that comes through our city, that people protest against the entire time they are there. The people are members of PETA. I saw one time how they forced elephants to perform in training acts, & vowed never to attend or endorse these horrible entertainment acts.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 19:23:01 »
I've see policemen in London apprehending an armed suspect with their nightsticks only....  ;)

Yeah 8-)

Damo :)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 19:26:12 »
I too find the circus theme very cruel :o (I'm an animal lover and I prefer to see animals in their natural habitat or in a decent zoo instead :))

I don't know if that makes me dislike that theme though :-\ ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 19:27:01 »

I totally agree with you on the circus theme, Panos!  I DONOT go to any circus just because of the sad expressions on the animals faces, so I will not endorse any circus related subjects! The police theme has started to use guns which reflects on the changes of the world directly. I don't like violence, but to ignore it, is irresponsible. Children in this country whose parents are police officers see their parents getting dressed in their uniforms, & witness them strapping on their gunbelts to go to work, sometimes with 3 pistols. Two crossdraw 40, 45, or 9mm caliber pistols on their gunbelts, & 1 ankle concealed weapon.

I also think circuses are horrible places. Those poor animals have absolutely no life, kept in small cages and forced to perform all day, doing tricks that sometimes look difficult and painful.

I realize some feel the same way about zoos; I don't see them that way. There was certainly a time when they were no better than circuses, with sad metal bars and concrete floors, and as many animals as possible crowded into each cage. But I think most modern zoos make a real effort to give these animals comfortable homes and keep their lives comfortable and interesting. I wish the same could be said for circuses, but sadly, I have never heard of a circus where this was so.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 19:29:13 »
I've see policemen in London apprehending an armed suspect with their nightsticks only....  ;) Now the guy might have hurt a lot, but he lived to tell the tale...
You know that if a police officer shoots a suspect in greece, he/she is immidiately taken into custody... he/she can face serious charges even if he/she is fired upon...
A US police office, and correct me if I am wrong Bill, is allowed to use his/her sidearm, if all else fails and if the suspect is shouting at him/her, and come out clean...

Mainly, you have to consider the effects the visualisation of a gun has on ones psyche...

Guns are illegal in the UK, so private individuals are less likely to shoot at a police officer. Night sticks can be a lethal weapon if used improperly, also! In the USA, if an officer feels a perpetrator is going to mortally wound them or an innocent victim, lethal force is allowed. After a shooting incident involving police, the officers involved are put on desk duty & an investigation is done to make sure department procedures were strictly obeyed! More tazors, & rubber bullets are being used to prevent such negative outcomes. More officers are adding a LED laser sight to their side arm & when the criminal sees a red dot on their forehead it's very intimidating!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 19:31:03 »

As I also wrote before, I really like the police and fire rescue themes, mainly because its a dream of mine that I never was able to fulfill... (always wanted to be a cop  ;) ) But as for the rest of the city themes, it feels like I am seeing things that I see in my ordinary everyday life... buildings, hospitals (my mother is a retired MD and used to work at a hospital for 32 years...), cars etc etc... I feel the need to get away from all that and this is the reason why Medieval and Fantasy themes are more appealing to me. Mainly I feel the way Gaston does:

This is very interesting... It seems there are some very different reasons people like playmobil -- for some they love its historical accuracy. Some like the way the modern themes perfectly mimic real life, the world they see around them. Others use it as kind of an escape from reality.

For me it is a combination of the last two. it's just like the world all around me, except that in the world of playmobil, everyone is smiling, and there are no problems...
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 19:39:32 »
Regarding police and violence: Funny story.... a police van with 24 riot police men inside, is on guard outside the US embassy here in Thessaloniki. Two armed officers stand on guard outside the van... A woman and her boy child pass by and the boy is screaming, crying his eyes out, because mummy did not allowed him a favour... the mother says to the child : '' shoosh now, otherwise I'll hand you over to the police..." I open my eyes wide and pose to think of what she said and how something like that could affect the boy negatilvely, while at the same time the two officers look at her with a terrified look..." Please ma'am, don't say these things to the poor kid...when he grow up he might throw us a molotov coctail''...

Even out of this funny-like story one can understand how behaviour can affect violent feelings and actions...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 19:42:06 »
Others use it as kind of an escape from reality.

At least its a safe drug thats makes you smile without chemical effects :lol: :lol: :lol: