Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77533 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2020, 17:05:01 »
I just stopped at Deluxe Toy & Hobby (my local toy store) & was told that they found something in their warehouse - a circus set from some time ago. Was I interested? I'll find out soon exactly what it is, but of course I said I wanted it. I have no circus stuff except one clown set from the '90s. I can't imagine what this is going to be.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2020, 17:28:19 »
Hopefully good. It'd be cool if it was a Roncalli. ;D My mom and I lucked up and found 3720 (the one I've been eyeing for a while) at our local thrift earlier this year!  :o Sadly the janitor and ringmaster were absent, but included was the snake lady (3737) and the lady with an elephant but no man (3711). And to think I almost passed it by. Goes to show, when thrifting— always bring an extra person!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #342 on: November 22, 2020, 06:59:30 »
I just stopped at Deluxe Toy & Hobby (my local toy store) & was told that they found something in their warehouse - a circus set from some time ago. Was I interested? I'll find out soon exactly what it is, but of course I said I wanted it. I have no circus stuff except one clown set from the '90s. I can't imagine what this is going to be.

That's a dream scenario! I'm staying tuned for this one  :munch:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2020, 13:25:45 »
I've had a peek inside the box; it's a circus toy store display including 4230 & about 3 other circus sets. I should be able to get it soon. I had to pay off my Xmas layaway first. The display is going for $100.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2020, 15:53:24 »
 :yup
The anticipation is killing me!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2021, 23:18:29 »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2021, 23:23:00 »
:love:

Looking forward to detailed details! :)

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2021, 00:51:22 »
A playmobil Starbucks collaboration? Not that I should be surprised to find playmobil lines I’ve never heard of since returning to the hobby after many many years of absence, but wow...had no idea such a line existed, very interesting...

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2021, 13:27:07 »
A playmobil Starbucks collaboration? Not that I should be surprised to find playmobil lines I’ve never heard of since returning to the hobby after many many years of absence, but wow...had no idea such a line existed, very interesting...

It was only available from Starbucks in S Korea during the month of Jan 2021. I paid too much for them on Ebay.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2021, 18:34:45 »
JLMatterer, do you have the main everwhatsit characters from comics and music?

If so, can you please post some pics of the sets - especially the animals :love: 

Didn't see them about yet, I think.