Author Topic: 4399 Western Stage Coach  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4399 Western Stage Coach
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:53:27 »
I'm afraid they are print ons Erwin... as well as the stars... But, a little patience and I am sure you can take them out!

Darn... the words & stars are printed and the green area's are stickers... :hissyfit:...it should have been the other way around!

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 04:02:27 »
That driver must be really paranoid his pants are going to fall off  :hmm: a belt and suspenders  8}

Thanks for the nice review of a Christmasy set 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 02:27:09 »
It's 1850 miles from Reno to St Louis is a straight line. On a good day on good surfaces (I won't call them roads) a stagecoach could cover 70 miles. Thus the journey would take, at best possible speeds, 24 days. I think it's fair to say that the journey would really take at least a month, since you have to get over the Rockies and that's going to slow the average speed. You've really got to want to be in Reno to put yourself through that.

Today the journey can be done in 3-4 days by car.

At the time of this stagecoach St. Louis would be just about the westernmost point of "civilisation", Denver a far flung Mountain town, and Reno? Not the pocket Vegas it is today, but a trading post for trappers, loggers and gold seekers.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 02:40:08 »
great review panos  :)

too bad these stars are printed on the carriage ,i don't really like them  ???

the bag with the silver printing from which other set is it do you know ? i have some of them but i don't remember where are they from...  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 05:36:06 »
the bag with the silver printing from which other set is it do you know ? i have some of them but i don't remember where are they from...  ???

30 64 7450 - Carpetbag
 ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 08:19:56 »
Nice review, Panos, and many thanks for it.   :wave:

It's not my theme and, like others, I find the colour scheme garish and the decoration of the coach with the stars unlikely in real life (although I may be wrong there).  As regards accessories, well maybe a bag and a shotgun are basic but is much more needed?  A revolver for the driver or the passenger?  A large chest?  But these can be added. A second figure to ride shotgun would maybe be a better extra.

As regards the printing on the figures, I think it looks good and does allow far more detail than attachable accessories such as collars and ties which can also get lost.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:23 »
I want a couple now  :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 12:22:04 »
Nice review, Panos, and many thanks for it.   :wave:

It's not my theme and, like others, I find the colour scheme garish and the decoration of the coach with the stars unlikely in real life (although I may be wrong there).  As regards accessories, well maybe a bag and a shotgun are basic but is much more needed?  A revolver for the driver or the passenger?  A large chest?  But these can be added. A second figure to ride shotgun would maybe be a better extra.

As regards the printing on the figures, I think it looks good and does allow far more detail than attachable accessories such as collars and ties which can also get lost.

Strong points Gordon! The accessories can easily be lost, there should be a cowboy riding shotgun, and maybe a lady on board, and the print ons, exept from the stars, are quite good!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:59 »
And finally, here are the klickies.... a driver and a big belly gentleman passenger!!! No accessories for the klickies, just a shotgun and a hand luggage, but no accessories for the klicky bodies, no belts, no nothing...everything is printed on... I don't want to know how much this klickies would cost through DS as parts...
Thanks for this nice review. The pics are clear and very useful giving us idea what is in the box!!

I like the tall hat of this driver~~!!! Very cool

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:25 »
Playmobil policy to cut their budged a bit... it does look weird but good in a way...

I'm afraid they are print ons Erwin... as well as the stars... But, a little patience and I am sure you can take them out!
They should do this on other parts, like the wagon, instead of making cheaper-looking klickies, which are their signatures!!!