Author Topic: GrahamB’s collection  (Read 2144 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
GrahamB’s collection
« on: February 04, 2024, 17:59:13 »
I thought I would display a few interesting parts and sets, especially things which are a little harder to find. I will try to add to this regularly, though I doubt I will be as diligent as Jim Matterer, who manages to post something new nearly every day.

First up, a fairly recent part, from set 70909, Starter Pack Dino Rise: Fire Scorpion, released in May 2022. I liked the look of this beastie, so added its part number (30 65 0455) to a recent parts order. It cost £4.30; set against what the set would have cost at the time (£15.99 at Playmobil.co.uk), this is quite good value- the set contains this scorpion, 4 small scorpions, some crystals, some bones, rocky scenery, one klicky (Ian) and accessories.

As you can see, the Fire Scorpion has a flexible tail and sting, flexible front limbs and chelae (pincers). It is studded with orange jewels. The ‘walking’ legs don’t move. The translucent orange and red parts look great. Fully extended it measures 16cm, so it should give a nasty shock to any klicky it meets!

When I first picked it up, I was strongly reminded of Lego, possibly because the tail articulation looks quite like Lego Technic!
A very nice animal and quite reminiscent of a real scorpion.

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: GrahamB’s collection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 18:24:41 »
He's gorgeous :love:  - I got him too..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 19:47:49 »
I really like the fire scorpion too. I just got the big one from set 71024 but while larger it isn't really more articulated than the little guy, so only has a tiny bit more play value for a much higher price.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 06:11:00 »
That is one groovy looking arachnid  8-)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 07:54:38 »
That is one groovy looking arachnid  8-)

Don't call him that!  :0

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 07:59:05 »
 ???
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 10:59:33 »
???

I'm terrified of spiders...  :-[  doesn't everyone know that yet? :P

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 12:29:32 »
Oooh that is quite beautiful indeed. Recent, so I hadn't noticed it yet. Thanks for sharing!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 04:43:43 »
I doubt I will be as diligent as Jim Matterer, who manages to post something new nearly every day.

It is less diligence & more of a way to keep busy & entertain myself without TV being involved. TV is the little mind killer.

Thanks for the review; I had missed getting this one when it first came out, but I've just found it on eBay from a US dealer. Well done.

71024 probably won't be available here; certainly not in stores as no new Novelmore (except for the Fi?ures set) is being sent out to them. Perhaps the website will eventually get the new sets but I'm not counting on it. 71024 is on eBay.... maybe this weekend when my PM budget is back in action....

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 14:55:49 »
It looks like LEGO
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: