Author Topic: 5422 Alpine Lodge  (Read 8906 times)

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
Re: 5422 Alpine Lodge
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 13:07:32 »
Some more pictures....
Constantly rebuilding my playmobil town called Playmacia (pronounced PLAY MAKER)

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 13:10:58 »
And more pictures of the tab, and a couple of the cable car (can go at 45% 2 metres in length.)
Constantly rebuilding my playmobil town called Playmacia (pronounced PLAY MAKER)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 13:24:54 »
The cable car is really cool.  :)
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 13:43:24 »
Oh wow, I love the beer glasses and the tap! It looks awesome! The tab system looks interesting. I wonder if this could be the premiere of yet another new building system?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 15:57:46 »
Oh wow, I love the beer glasses and the tap! It looks awesome!

Yes it does! Can't wait. Trying to resist the "cable car"...  Not fond of the tabs. But we're getting that house.

Thanks for the pics!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 16:11:38 »
So do you think the cable car set could be made longer and more cars could be added ?

Thanks you very much for the pictures of the building and its design
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 17:58:42 »
Ref. The cable car, this could easily be extended with longer cord, plenty of room on both of the spools for probably up to 5 metres run, more difficult to get two on as one end is attached to the car itself.

The bar counter and glasses are definitely a highlight!

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 19:35:43 »
This type of tab connection is not new, it has been used before.
I have some farm buildings on my layout that use it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 23:57:01 »
If it's possible when you get a chance, can you take a closer picture of the cable car itself? I'd like to see inside it... are there seats? How many?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 00:11:54 »
In all fairness (and in a spirit of mediation!)
The first sets were labeled as "Playmobil System" to show their interconnectivity and expansion potentials.

In fact, Herr Brandstatter expressed his surprise the newer sets were a different construction system!  He didn't even know what his own company was doing (they did not inform him or ask or consult about changes being done!).

Parents have actually complained in the past about the numbers of small pieces and how they get lost easily! 

I guess a company doesn't want to potentially lose business by telling a parent they should be more responsible and to actually teach that to their children.  The "customer is always right" syndrome (which, of course, defies rational thought.)

i appreciate your thoughts, wesley. thank you for sharing them. i was unaware of your anecdote that herr brandstatter was unaware of structural changes to playmobil. was that in the transition from steck to system x or with the more recent introduction of this 'clip' system?

i think we're all on the same page as to the direction playmobil has gone with their structures over the years; perhaps it can even feel like a betrayal, but i'm continually inspired by the work i see on these boards and it's a constant reminder to me that whatever systemic changes are implemented by playmobil, folks here crack the playthings open and push the limits of playmobil's closed system through customization and reinvention.

in our household, we put a lot of natural emphasis on old fashioned play and couldn't imagine it any other way but i don't want to privilege our way over that of other parents.   i know that even the most modest of means and slightest luxury of time makes all of the difference in how and what people are able to play with.

nunney
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:57:17 by nunney »