Author Topic: Woodland theme pictures  (Read 17564 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Woodland theme pictures
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 01:40:52 »
I already was very interested in these sets but now they are "must haves"! Thanks for the excellent photos, so much to love. :love:  The ax in the tree stump, all the birds, the treehouse tree with different shades of leaves, the bagers and racoons....I'm in love!  :*)

Now can I ask, what is touchwood? :-[

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 07:30:32 »
Now can I ask, what is touchwood? :-[
Those are toadstools or fungi.

"touchwood" reminded me of Catweazle (it's what he called his pet toad)
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 16:20:26 »
Ah thanks MBL! I could have looked it up I suppose but it's nicer hearing the meaning from one who uses the language. :)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 21:28:30 »
Very informative photos. Thanks for posting!  :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 08:46:33 »
Those are toadstools or fungi.

"touchwood" reminded me of Catweazle (it's what he called his pet toad)

Are you sure? (Not the meaning of touchwood, but with the meaning of the orange item istelf.) I assumed that this should represent a pile of old leaves (under which normally hedgehogs can be found.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 11:02:22 »
I assumed that this should represent a pile of old leaves (under which normally hedgehogs can be found.

I hadn't considered it could be leaves. I thought of it as a type of plant when I first saw it, but that is mainly because it looks the same (or extremely similar) to the fungi piece which grows out of the tree stump in 3933.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 17:52:39 »
Thanks, Jean Luc ...

I would never have bought this set BEFORE seeing your wonderful fotos! Playmobil should hire you in their sales and promotion department!  ... ;)

I will definitely buy this set now thanks to you! ... :)

And the back of the cabin is rather nice even though it's a little smaller than I hoped it would be.

Well, Sylvia, if there's anything at all good about SystemX, it's that you might be able to expand this cabin easily with some extra pieces from Direct Service. This is definitely a "must do" (if possible) to "fatten up" this "extremely thin" cabin ... ;)

Thanks again, Jean Luc ...

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 18:22:01 »
I hadn't considered it could be leaves. I thought of it as a type of plant when I first saw it, but that is mainly because it looks the same (or extremely similar) to the fungi piece which grows out of the tree stump in 3933.

Hm, I do not have the 3933 set, so I can not compare directly, although you seems to be right, that it looks quite similiar. (BTW, I think leaves are also part of a plant, so your first thought was not that wrong from my point of view  :P.)

Maybe this is again one of these multi-purpose parts like the eggs: in farm/city live sets the white "set of bubles" are representing eggs, and in the set with the bicycle-ice-cream-seller they are representing ice cream balls.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 18:44:05 »
Maybe this is again one of these multi-purpose parts ...

Like the giant deer, that looks like an elk, that is actually one of Santa's reindeer in a different colour ... :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 00:56:04 »
Thanks for the pix MBL!

As Richard said, I was not initially impressed, but after seeing the photos there are a couple of these I will be getting. My kids will love the badgers and raccoons, and Captain Henry's Modern Pirates (tm) MUST have one or more of the Jeeps from 4206. ;) :arrr:
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry