Author Topic: What Animals Would You Like to See?  (Read 28721 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: What Animals Would You Like to See?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 23:54:14 »
ohh i thought the bongo was the same as the nyala? :D

No, they're different, but very closely related to the mountain nyala, of the same genus, along with kudu and a couple of other species. I think bongos are wonderfully distinctive-looking.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 02:23:35 »
:-[ i am sorry tiermann if i am deviating a bit from your topic.
 :yup: what i would really like would be small ds packages of animals to "populate" my pirate islands and ships.
 ;) this would be so easy for geobra to produce.

:hmm: the way i see how much is asked for a single playmo-chicken on ebay this would surely help me to go into the first stage of customizing - adding some small parts.

:'( in a christmas some years ago i realized my klicky-pirates should be starving from lack of things to eat and decided that it was my turn to offer them something.
 :) a few chickens and pigs did the trick (along with some bottles of wine, fruit and vegetables) but this was an expensive feast.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:04 »
Thanks...Tiermann!! This is the perfect thread and you are the perfect individual to open such a thread!! I have to read all your comments first before putting up mine two cents. But I really hope they can issue a huge set with all the animals, very much like the Noah Ark minus the Ark~~!!!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:50:26 »
Angora or Siam (?) cats would be fine and not too difficult.

If you are looking for something more exotic, i'd go for hanging bats (to be put into castle towers and caves  ;D)

second~~!! BAT....we need bats

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 11:51:32 »
I agree with that too....hanging bats would be awesome!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:49 »
:-[ i am sorry tiermann if i am deviating a bit from your topic.
 :yup: what i would really like would be small ds packages of animals to "populate" my pirate islands and ships.
 ;) this would be so easy for geobra to produce.

:hmm: the way i see how much is asked for a single playmo-chicken on ebay this would surely help me to go into the first stage of customizing - adding some small parts.

:'( in a christmas some years ago i realized my klicky-pirates should be starving from lack of things to eat and decided that it was my turn to offer them something.
 :) a few chickens and pigs did the trick (along with some bottles of wine, fruit and vegetables) but this was an expensive feast.

Agree.....Have you tried getting them through DS? I dont know about the UK DS or US DS...but according to the KW ETN spreadsheet.....animals are indeed more expensive than those klickies

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:05:53 »
Hey Bonnie, the German Shepard link you gave is a stretch in my opinion. To me, the colors don't look right.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:57 »
That was Luis. ;D But here's a pic that shows it a little better, it does look like a sheperd, but I agree it could be improved. http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-66-6840
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 12:21:39 »
That was Luis. ;D But here's a pic that shows it a little better, it does look like a sheperd, but I agree it could be improved. http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-66-6840

The german sheperd was Hans Beck's last design  :sorrow:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:26 »
Awww... then it should be kept!