Author Topic: Garden of Heroes  (Read 23780 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Garden of Heroes
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:57:01 »
Garden of Heroes
By Tonguello

Seeds
Part One

They had orders to take the River Road but they were days late. The men and their cargo were supposed to be at the improvised Royal Port 2 days ago, but a broken wheel and a night of gambling in a near town, were now making them very behind in schedule.

Someone at the town’s pub last night, at their poker table, had casually mentioned a shortcut through the Blackwood forest. A dark and concealed path, but a fast way right back into the River Road, at the outskirts of Coghlan City. It would make them gain a day journey so they could be on time before the ship leaves. Those were safe days, and peace had reigned for years so they didn’t think it could be dangerous. They were just reluctant to disobey orders, but anyway they should not be in that town either…..
The stranger explained them how to get there and where to take the curve back to the River Road. They discussed it for a while and agreed to take that path and when they turned to thank the stranger all they could see was a glimpse of his black cloak going out of the door, and into the night. They took his winnings and a bottle of Roseenth (1) he had left behind; and kept gambling, quickly forgetting about him.
Their journey had been planned to be easy, and fast, and the cargo was no treasure, so only two guards were assigned to the protection of the lot. The River Road was used often by the King and King’s officers so it was the safest road in the Kingdom.

“Well…. I think most men would say this whole wagon IS a treasure. They should have sent more people with us. Just to keep us from drinking all this! Ha, ha, ha!” Said the driver.

The wagon was full of bottles of the best scotch and the finest grappa; and one huge barrel with the royal seal. A barrel of the most wonderful beer in the whole Kingdom. A beer only the Royal Family could drink. But this barrel had no Royal gut destination.

“One bottle was enough, Jack. We’ll say it broke when the wheel fell apart from the crashing. Where did that rock come from, by the way? You should have been watching the road, not letting the horses do your job. You still have that Roseenth, you can continue with that, after we deliver the rest! Besides, you shouldn’t be drinking and driving. You could start believing huge rocks appear out of thin air again ha ha ha!”

“Hey! I wasn’t drunk….. then….! I had had only two pints!”
“Well how much have you drunk so far today? No pink elephants ahead yet? Ha ha ha!”
“Not yet! He said. “Seriously Velcar, I wish I could taste that golden beauty. What do you think? Should we give it a go? We could do it real quickly, just a bit, no one would know!! There’s plenty of it in that barrel!! One hundred litres maybe?”
“NO! Get a grip, will you? You can drink that pink thing, a sissy drink if you ask me” he said in a mocking way. But then his look turned more serious and solemn.

“We HAVE orders” he continued. “This beer is meant to be drunk at sea. Winterhaven is very far away. I heard the journey might take three months! They will need something like this to bare that long in that damn ship! So let’s hurry, this is your entire fault! Watch the road, you @#%$^*&!!!!!

“OK! Chill out! Why don’t you go in front and watch the road yourself?!” he said under his breath.

They continued in silence for a long while. In the early afternoon they noticed that the vegetation began to look greener, darker, and the light began to dim. Very few sunbeams made it through the dens branches.

“I’m starting to think this was not a good idea”. Said Velcar worried. “I don’t like this, this silence is unnatural and I could SWEAR I’ve seen a couple of eyes looking at us from behind those bushes there, over that rock”
“And I could SWEAR I‘ve just seen Little Red Riding Hood! I must be drunk!” he said surprised.

“Keep your eyes open Jack! I don’t want anymore problems, and WATCH THE ROAD!
 “I AM watching the road Velcar, but I’m not sure of what I’m seeing ahead. What the hell is that?” he asked with fear in his voice.
A black figure was standing a few meters ahead, blocking their pass. No recognisable features, Or just no features at all? A black human shape, face and body hidden behind a cloak, no breeze to stir the clothes, no sign of life in it. It was hard to tell what it was.

And then, when they were nearer, a deep, low, almost silent whisper broke the quietness. The ground slightly trembled. A far away thunder was heard, muffled by the forest.

“STOP!” They heard! They weren’t sure if it was a word or a noise but they understood. The horses stopped at once, and stood up on the hind legs in terror, shaking, trying to break free from the harness. Did they understand the command?

The guards had to fight to control them. When the party had fully stopped, three armed men jumped out of a group of bushes nearby and took the guards prisoners. Half shocked, half confused, they couldn’t believe what was happening. They were becoming prisoners, and their precious cargo was being stolen.

Reality hit them like a bucket of iced water thrown right on the face. They looked at each other looking for explanations, asking themselves mute questions. And reality settled. Or so it seemed.
There was no man in black robes, and the noises of the forest had been restored.

(1) Roseenth: Pink coloured alcoholic drink, supposedly made by fairies, obtained by the distillation of rosebuds and honeysuckle. Similar to Absinth…. but pink.  :)

End of part one
 Gaston :wave:

Author's note: please imagine there are no grammatical nor orthographic mistakes  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:02:30 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Garden of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:03:58 »
Great start Gaston!!! Can't wait for more. I heard some people in Winterhaven saw this and were getting thirsty *wink*

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:21:17 »
Absolutely amazing, Gaston - I can't wait for more!

Your photos are incredible, and the story is very gripping :yup:

Damo :)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 13:47:11 »
Great story, Gaston!   ;D  I really like the photography and display.   :love: 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 14:30:02 »
Thank you all for the comments!!! there's a lot more coming!!!  ;D
@Gis, I don't think that beer will make it all the way to Winterhaven!  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 16:17:59 »
I'm quite engrossed!!! Can't wait to see more!  :clap:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 17:13:36 »
WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MORE!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I just managed to read it and all is so greatly done (roleplaying, Photography, display, the Lillte Red Ridding Hood  :lol: :lol: :lol:, background ---is that Fangorn forets btw? --- and most certainly the strange spooky manifestation) Gaston!!!

As I wrote above: WE WANT MORE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 17:22:31 »
wow! Im really happy you liked it Panos! Thanx for the coments, there is another surprise in next chapter too (like LRRH) you'll enjoy that one!
I don't know what forest it is. I took a pic out of the internet (hard to get but it was just the perfect one, in fact you can't say where the photo ends and the wall starts. I mean is not all photo what you see) and enlarged it and modified it with Photoshop.

Thank you too, Bonnie !!!  :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 17:29:56 »
I have seen so many times how great photoshop works...don't have it though and don't know how to use it...but when I do...i think my big project (not the knights one) will come to life again...

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy your story telling Gaston!!!  :munch: :munch: :munch: :munch:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 19:16:39 »
Wonderful story and photos, Gaston.  I thought at first it was all photographed outside and that the background was real.  Look forward to more.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”