Author Topic: Chivalry and Dread.  (Read 15121 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Chivalry and Dread.
« on: October 31, 2013, 15:33:22 »
Everyone has looked forward to this moment, but the day has finally arrived: today the grand tournament is held, to honour the newfound alliance between King Phillip and prince Edward the Lion.

Having heard from Roderick that Prince Edward may be involved in shady dealings and could possibly prepare for war, King Phillip hopes to get to know the prince a bit better during the tournament, and give his knights the chance to test the skill of the Lion knights in battle. A friendly way to get to know the strenghts of their new ally without arousing suspicion.

As with all tournaments, the king and queen sit in the middle of the royal stage.  Prince Edward sits next to him so they can talk, and Baron Blacktower sits on the other side, just happy to enjoy the tournament and not worry about plots. Lady Blacktower wished to stand because she wants to be seen by the people. (she figures in case they get bored of watching battle, the people would never grow bored of watching her.)

The crown prince found a different spot to sit however, along with the other noble kids.

Protected by guards, they can safely view the tournament from the city walls.

Below them are the other nobles, curious about how their family, rivals and friends may do in the tournaments.

Elena managed to find herself a good spot to watch her brothers and their friends fight in the tournament, standing near the chair of her brother Cedric, the ruling champion.

And of course anyone is free to watch the tournament, many commoners are eager to see brave knights in action!

Several crusaders seem interested in the tournament as well!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Chivalry and Dread.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 16:02:59 »
The heralds start blowing their trumpets to let everyone know the tournament is starting!

Under the sound of trumpets, Baron Blacktower's herald Pierre walks onto the tournament grounds to speak to the crowd.

Pierre: "A good morning everyone, how lovely of all of you to come here to the fabulous tournament our gracious king and queen will host today! The tournament is held in honour of the noble Prince Edward the Lion!"

Pierre continued: "The winner of the tournament will get the opportunity to fight against the undefeated champion, Sir Cedric the Swan knight!"
As he announced sir Cedric, he arrived on the tournament grounds and rides past Pierre as the crowd goes wild to cheer for their champion!

After riding past the crowd, Cedric dismounts to wave at the people, and two squires step forward to show the prizes to the crowd.

Pierre smiled as he continued: "Only if the winner of the tournament is brave enough he will take on Cedric, but either way he will still get this fabulous gold sword that has been decorated with many beautifull gems, truly the sword of champions! In addition to this, the winner will also receive five thousand gold pieces!"
He cheered before he went on: "Please note that the armory behind Cedric is for the competitors only. The squires there will do their best to help the competing knights in every way they can!"

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 16:48:12 »
Pierre: "Now, allow me to introduce the brave knights who are competing for these wonderfull prizes as they ride onto the field!
First, here we have King Phillip's very own knights! Sir Stephen and Sir Roderick! Both these dashing knights are here to defend their king's honour!"

This certainly was quite a large tournament, Roderick felt a bit nervous. So many people there, and he knew sir Stephen is good at jousting. He figured that at least the king's honour would be safe because of that, but still he hoped to be the one to impress King Phillip more. But he also hoped to impress the lovely lady Elena.

Pierre: "Following them, here are the Blacktower knights Sir Jory and Sir Frederick! don't their horses and flags look marvelous? I helped with the designs myself!"

Frederick enjoyed the praise of the people around him, but grumbled a bit about sir Jory being allowed to ride onto the field first. He'd surely show him who is the better blacktower knight!
Soon his attention was drawn to a friend he spotted in the crowd, it was Charles! Some time ago they fought together to protect the castle.
Charles smiled and waved at him: "Good Luck Frederick! you're going to need it for sure!"
Frederick smirked. "I'm sure I'll do just fine! why aren't you competing by the way?"

Charles: "Are you kidding me?! I'd stand no chance! the best jousting champions from the continent are here! they all are eager to see how they measure up to Sir Cedric! Many of them have won at least three tournaments!
No, I am just here to cheer for the grandmaster of my order! but I'll cheer for you, Roderick and Henry too of course!"

Next to Charles stood a crusader from distant lands, while a stranger here he's known back home as Sir Pynedor, a brave and chivalrous knight with his own castle and many teutonic knights under his command. Charles invited him here to watch the grand tournament together, and ask for advice on how to expand the crusader forces here.
Frederick had moved on while considering Charles his words. He never really considered to check the lists to see who else was competing.

In the meanwhile, the competitors keep entering the field, and Pierre keeps announcing them: "Here comes sir Henry the swan knight, younger brother of Cedric! Will he be just as dazzling as his brother in the tournament? Today we will find out and see!"

Henry felt a bit pressured, he hoped to do his best at the tournament but wished to be judged by his own merit instead of getting compared to his brother the living legend.
He was happy to have his horse Hector with him though, even while he refuses to wear barding. A stubborn horse, but very loyal. Hector doesnt allow anyone else but Henry to ride on his back.

Pierre: "And here we have the three brave Lion knights of Prince Edward! Brave as lions no doubt, ready to defend the honour of their great prince!
Sir John, Sir William and Sir Elric!"

While not very well known and not really any noticable names in tournaments, the Lion knights seemed to have a good chance since they appear to be the only faction represented by three knights.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 18:15:21 by Rhalius »

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 18:10:47 »
The crowd already started cheering when seeing the next competitor arrive on the field.
Pierre: "I am sure many people may have recognized him already! here is the marvelous sir Constantine, winner of ten tournaments and bastion of chivalry!"

The knight in his shiny golden armor smiled to the crowd as he was riding past them, clearly a fan favorite.

Pierre: "And here comes sir Gareth Boulaise, another reknown champion! he has won three tournaments already, will this be the fourth?"

Despite looking a bit rough with his unshaven face, he still smiled to the crowd. But he sure looked like someone who has seen battle.

Pierre: "Here comes Sir Jacques de ridefort, Grandmaster of the templars. Chivalrous crusader and bold adventurer known for his wisdom."

He sure looked impressive, this old veteran. He's seen much of the world, and probably knows quite a few moves. Charles certainly seems to think he has a good chance of winning!

Pierre: "And here we have Sir Roland, a new face at the tournaments but I have heard he is a most dashing and very brave young knight!"

With a friendly smile, Roland seemed just as exited as Roderick, Henry and Frederick about the tournament. A chance to prove themselves against the more experienced knights!

Pierre took a step back somewhat intimidated as the next two knights arrived on the field.
"H..Here are the two knights of King Miguel the Falcon. First, the new champion of the falcons, Sir Hugo who seems to have made a.. huge impact on the tournaments in his own country.. he is followed by Fernando, King Miguel's nephew."

They already where familiar with Fernando, he once competed in the same tournament as Henry.
But Hugo was only heard about through rumors. A very agressive knight who recently made a name in the tournaments, but not through fair play.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 20:17:22 by Rhalius »

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 18:35:45 »
Pierre continued with his usual bright smile after the intimidating knight has passed by.
"And here we have sir Godfrey, stunning in marvelous purple as usual! doesn't he look fierce?"

Godfrey seemed rather silent, not much seems known about him. His armor seems impressive though!

Pierre: "Here we have another new face, Lord Silvermane! Will he shine as brightly in the tournament as his beautifull silver armor is shining in the sun?"

While not too wel known, Henry surely remembered him. He fought a fierce battle against him in the last tournament he entered, defeating him just barely.
Thats not all he and also Roderick and Frederick remember though. Lord Silvermane was fighting rather dirty in that tournament.

Pierre: "And here comes Duke Alymere, in glorious green! He won a tournament not long ago, and is here to repeat that succes!"

The large man smiled friendly enough to the crowd, while not the youngest anymore he sure looked like he would hold his own in battle.

Pierre: "And last but not least, here is Sir Christopher! reknown jousting champion known for his charity work. Will this be another victory for him?"

Sir Christopher certainly looked well equipped for the tournament, although he seemed to be the only one aside Frederick to go with an open face helmet. (though Frederick's choice for this was that he wanted the people to recognize him.)

Now that everyone had arrived on the field, the trumpets where heard again. In a moment, Pierre would go over the rules again.

Who shall be the winner of this grand tournament? What surprises where laying ahead of the three friends? Will they learn more about prince Edward?
It was going to be a long day indeed, but a very memorable day for certain..

((to be continued soon.  :) ))

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 19:46:13 »
Wow! I miss the tournaments so much! Thanks for making this one, Rhallius!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 20:38:23 »
I have been waiting for this, Rhalius! Great presentation of the champions.. I see a beautiful set up, I can almost hear the excitement of the audience and feel the tension of the competitors. Epic start of this tournament!! :rock: Rock on!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 22:12:22 »
Off to a great start, congratulations! Tournaments are a lot of work, but it's clearly a classic in the making. I'm looking forward to the next episode

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 12:49:32 »
Uh brilliant stuff you've certainly got a good variety of competitors there and an eager audience I will look forward to seeing more from this  :knight:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:29:13 »
Aaahaa, the long expected tournament! Very nice indeed, with the setting and all those excited clickies  :clap: