Author Topic: ABS material  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
ABS material
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:44:40 »
A little story, dedicated to Gordon, who kindly provided me some ABS samples for customizing some time ago.

So story can be found here (or by a click on the pic below; Gordon, for your browser behaviour: here is the URL of the photo shown below in case you can not see it  ;))

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: ABS material
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:15 »
Thank you, Jochen, for that kind "thank you" story, and for the extra link to deal with my browser problems.   They are both much appreciated.

The roof for the fire engine cab looks very smart and efficient, can we have some more photos of it when you have the time showing how it's held in place, for example.

(And is it time for us to see your fire brigade in action soon?)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:07:40 »
Nice story, Jochen! :D

And the custom rabbit hutch you built looks amazing! :wow:
What are the 'mesh' parts made from?

Is it modelled to look exactly like one you have at home?
(I somehow get the feeling the answer will be "yes." ;D)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 14:02:10 »

Apologies, Jochen, I was so taken with your kind story (and the fire engine roof) that I failed to say how impressive the custom rabbit hutch was.  And the house wall forming the background is very interesting, too.  Another Jochen custom, I think.   

I like, too, the detail of  the rabbit hutch being cleaned out.

And is Kay wearing custom spectacles?

(Ah! I've spotted that wall elsewhere.  It's the garage wall, not the house wall, but it's been repainted.  But where do the door and windows come from?)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 17:50:40 »
The roof for the fire engine cab looks very smart and efficient, can we have some more photos of it when you have the time showing how it's held in place, for example.

Sure, I will post some soon.

(And is it time for us to see your fire brigade in action soon?)

Hm, I'm not sure. I must say, that -- so far -- my fire brigade (as well as the police officers) is just some modern "on stock" theme, i.e. I have it in case I need it some day for a special purpose. :-[

What are the 'mesh' parts made from?

It's real 'mesh' made of metal. I found a piece in my DIY store; it's for doing some handicrafts and comes in sheets about 30 x 40 cm.

Is it modelled to look exactly like one you have at home?
(I somehow get the feeling the answer will be "yes." ;D)

Yes ;D How do you know? I send you some time ago a photo of our real life rabbit room, didn't I?

Apologies, Jochen, I was so taken with your kind story (and the fire engine roof) that I failed to say how impressive the custom rabbit hutch was.

Forgiven ;) It was quite clear to me that Playmofire is more interested in the fire engine than in rabbits :P :lol:

And the house wall forming the background is very interesting, too.  Another Jochen custom, I think.   

No, I must disappoint you. It's from model railway supply.

I like, too, the detail of  the rabbit hutch being cleaned out.

:-[ Hm, that's a touch of real life. When my wife saw this picture she accused: "Yes, that's clear. As always I'm doing the litter!"

And is Kay wearing custom spectacles?

Yes, you can see it better here (just promoting my new family pic :))

(Ah! I've spotted that wall elsewhere.  It's the garage wall, not the house wall, but it's been repainted.  But where do the door and windows come from?)

Hm, do not know what you mean exactly. -- The brick wall is as I mentioned above from model railway supply. The garage is used in The Colors of Trash and the BBQ Coals. It's build from lego :-[ and painted with disperson color. The door and window is from the 3260 Construction Crew's office. The window I narrowed a little bit in height and painted frame and door.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 18:19:43 »

No, I must disappoint you. It's from model railway supply.

Hm, do not know what you mean exactly. -- The brick wall is as I mentioned above from model railway supply. The garage is used in The Colors of Trash and the BBQ Coals. It's build from lego :-[ and painted with disperson color. The door and window is from the 3260 Construction Crew's office. The window I narrowed a little bit in height and painted frame and door.

Ah, the wall I was referring to was the one in the last picture of the story showing you and Kay and the rabbit hutch.  Isn't that the garage wall reused?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 20:41:54 »
Great Jochen, very nice rabbit hutch. Nice family photo too  :)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 22:24:25 »
Cool Jochen. Nice family pic as well as the new cab roof.  8-)

Ben

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 23:31:40 »
Ah, the wall I was referring to was the one in the last picture of the story showing you and Kay and the rabbit hutch.  Isn't that the garage wall reused?

Oh, ok. Now I understand. Yes, you're right, it's the garage (not the wall only but the complete garage as it is a full "3D" model -- on occasion I should post a photo from the inside too because it's fully "equiped")

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 10:40:26 »
As announced some "behind the scenes" views.

BTW, the gratting for the rabbit hutch is called "stretch gratting" (German = Streckgitter). Here is a link form a supplier:

http://www.architekturbedarf.de/Shop/Modellbau1/Metall/Gitter1/gitter1.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:55:21 by Little Jo »