Author Topic: Monthly Picture Share  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Monthly Picture Share
« on: February 21, 2009, 00:35:46 »
Idea: To have a monthly showing of photos & to illustrate a pre-selected abstract topic on applicable months

Purpose: To provide a forum whereby members can, using their own themes as a palette attempt to illustrate a pre-selected subject/concept  in a non-competitive environment. Provisions to be made on alternate months to allow members to post photos on any subject they wish, so called 'Open Topics' because sometimes you just can't stop yourself.

Rules: Photos can be submitted anytime between  the 1st of the month and the end of the month at which time that subject will be locked. All members are encouraged to suggest themes and we will try to post as far ahead as possible to allow time for the creative juices (and DS) to flow.

Comments: Comments will be posted in the same board with the photos to keep them all together and should be constructive and civil (of course!) We are trying to encourage member participation. Please feel free to post comments on the photos. When the date for submissions has passed this topic will be locked and the comments will be split to form a new unlocked discussion topic.

* It is to be emphasized that this is not a 'contest' and no judging or awarding of prizes will be forthcoming, this is merely a venue for members to show their creativeness in illustrating and constructing a photo(s) that will illustrate the chosen subject without the use of text. There is no limit to the number of entries a member may submit. All entries should include a title to facilitate future searches.

2009-01 - xxxxxxx
2009-02 - Open Topic
2009-03 - Loyalty
2009-04 - Open Topic
2009-05 - xxxxxxxx
2009-06 - xxxxxxxx
2009-07 - xxxxxxxx
2009-08 - xxxxxxxx
2009-09 - Open Topic
2009-10 - Helping
2009-11 - Open Topic
2009-12 - Holidays
Etc......................
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:03:37 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Monthly Picture Share
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:33:28 »
It sounds excellent Ras! Nice job  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:47:39 »
Sounds good.

Just one question for understanding: did I understand correct, that for each month there will exist exactly one thread including the contributions as well as the comments on this contributions?

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:39 »
Good idea,loyalty is a difficult one!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 15:54:12 »
Little Joe , This is kind of a work in progress and we will see how it works out and make necessary adjustments . Gepetto and I are trying to figure out what is the logical ( not an easy thing  :lol:) way of organizing the event/comments. With the wording so far it is one tread but we may change it to two separate treads . I see it easier to view pictures when there are no comments with them but then it detracts from the flow of comments and conversation when they are separate  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:05 »
Thanks for the info. Then I will stay tuned and await the outcome. I'm sure it will be a good decision.

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 16:26:39 »
What a great idea!  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!  (As I'm surrounded by a cloud of smoke from my ears while mentally debating "loyalty"..._ ;)
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 15:26:45 »
Just wondering, I love the idea but I couldnt really find any recent threads on this, are these still going on?