Author Topic: Colour/size table of System X building parts  (Read 1837 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Colour/size table of System X building parts
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:17:41 »
The owner of this site has shared it with me: tables of System X building parts, where you can look up part numbers by dimensions and colour.  Includes his own photo of the part, where available. It's in French, but not too impenetrable, I think, with the help of the online translators.

http://www.capitaineplaymo.fr/ref.html

I'm thinking about how to help him out with more data, and how to use it in PlaymoDB.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Colour/size table of System X building parts
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 03:30:29 »
That's a useful link, Heather, and very generous of the site owner to share it.  The French is not too hard to sort out.  My school French from 50 years ago is pretty adequate to do so and where it isn't looking at the picture solves the problem.

How will you actually share it - by a single link to the site or by individual links by part?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 03:59:52 »
How will you actually share it - by a single link to the site or by individual links by part?
Not sure yet - I'm working on it. At the very least, a single link on the part page of each part included in the table.  I'd like to be able to have a list of "parts of the same size" similar to "Different parts with identical description", if I can get enough data.  (German names from playmobil.de often have millimetre measurements included, so I may be able to mine that source for info as well.)  I can, for starters, make sure identically-molded parts have the same name, so they'll show up under "Different parts with identical description".

periscope down, gears turning... think think...
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 14:25:11 »
Thank's for the link Heather! It will be very helpful in the future! I have grown to appreciate System X, so this site will prove to be an excellent source of information!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 23:19:39 »
Hi Heather  :wave:

I think I will wait till you can figure out a way to organize it all  :-[. I really like how you laid out you site and it will be quite confusing to figure out a new system right now. I really have not found any use for any other database other than yours. 

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: