Author Topic: Citadel  (Read 5784 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Citadel
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:43 »
I can always bring Krull's catapults around this  citadel and in a few minutes all gaps will be filled with big boulders if  you like Sir Wolf !!!!!  opps I have short of confused talking reality and in character , better stop a bit all these posts as King iseroth might make things confusing in real life after a while   :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

Apart from above stated nonsense this design has given me a couple of great ideas !!! Pano, are you filling a DS order yet ? i think i am gonna do one this weekend !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 13:36:38 »
Very impressive citadel, and the step-by-step (or should that be floor-by-floor) pictures are really great.

At the risk of being a nit-picking little so-and-so, can I ask how the garrison of the citadel get from one floor to the next? There are two large doors on the ground floor, but how do folks get from the ground floor up to the next floor?

I think I saw that you left a couple of gaps in the flooring at one level to allow ladders, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, great pictures and design. Makes me wonder about trying to build a similar sort of keep or great tower...

Thank you Andrew! Yes this is exactly the case, there are a few gaps, on the main corridor line actually, that I have covered to make things easier for the photostory. In detail, those gaps would accomodate ladders, or steps, so the men can move up and down! I have taken down the citadel  so I cannot show you were exactly they will be, but one dayI'll set it up again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:26:03 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 13:38:43 »
I can always bring Krull's catapults around this  citadel and in a few minutes all gaps will be filled with big boulders if  you like Sir Wolf !!!!!  opps I have short of confused talking reality and in character , better stop a bit all these posts as King iseroth might make things confusing in real life after a while   :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

Apart from above stated nonsense this design has given me a couple of great ideas !!! Pano, are you filling a DS order yet ? i think i am gonna do one this weekend !!!

Will the catapults make it past the Vanguard that is spread out across the plain surrounding the Citadel?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries mate!

I'll have to find sometime and fill one in, maybe the weekend!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 15:37:40 »
¿Why isn’t the citadel connected to the outer wall?
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 16:16:57 »
¿Why isn’t the citadel connected to the outer wall?

Not really sure... the original plan was to connect it at the outer wall, thats what you expect from a citadel anyway... But finally, for some reason I cannot recall, it looked better this way... easier to move...

More importantly where is the town which the citadel supposedly overlooks  ???  :lol: :lol: :lol: Haven't planned on building one, maybe next time...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 20:03:01 »
Perhaps it's out in the vast plain of a desert, protecting a crucial caravan route from marauding hoards and Krullites.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 20:14:21 »
Perhaps it's out in the vast plain of a desert, protecting a crucial caravan route from marauding hoards and Krullites.

Well, I thought about that too... I have not managed to design my kingdom on the map yet so I am not at all sure what exactly it will be directly protecting...

Offline Vauban

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 21:46:42 »
That's an really impressive citadel.  :knight:

I think it would look great also in the black sys-X-walls of the dragon fortress  ;)

Greetings

Vauban

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 21:48:25 »
That's an really impressive citadel.  :knight:

I think it would look great also in the black sys-X-walls of the dragon fortress  ;)

Greetings

Vauban

Yes I think it would! System x has some really great construction possibilites!!

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 00:30:43 »
Maybe you can add a drawbridge door at the second level of the inner building and remove all the doors of the inner building's first level.This way your building will be impossible to be conquered even when the outer wall fall to enemy hands.

Great work Panos!!!

It looks so simple but it is so difficult to get inside!