Author Topic: How to - question about videos  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
How to - question about videos
« on: February 03, 2011, 22:47:03 »
I have used Microsoft Movie maker and put together  a series of pictures accompanied by music, i tried to play thi swith Windows Media and also put on TouTube but none work, anyone know what i need to do with this windows movie maker project i have to be able to play it in windows media player and youtube ???  :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: How to - question about videos
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 23:54:10 »
You are using an outside video hosting source, right?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:44 »

Basically i created a movie using MS Movie maker composed of pictures and music, but cant play it on Windows media player nor upload it on Youtube ...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 14:50:08 »

Isn't that what youtube is? I'm not being smart, it's an honest question; I really don't know much about working with videos.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 17:10:22 »
No, you still need to pick a hosting site like imageshack. It asks what type of media you want it to host. My you tube videos were developed using a still picture movie software & using imageshack to transfer it to you tube. At least that's the way I did it.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 18:53:23 »
If you made it in Movie Maker then Windows Media should definitely be able to read it on your own computer. Have you tried to Save As a particular format? I'm wondering if you are saving into a working file format but not to a final readable format.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 13:51:54 »
If you made it in Movie Maker then Windows Media should definitely be able to read it on your own computer. Have you tried to Save As a particular format? I'm wondering if you are saving into a working file format but not to a final readable format.

I basically used Microsoft Movie Maker and put together a numebr of pictures in a powerpoint like show accompanied by music which automatically adjusts to the duration of the show. By doing so pictures become more lively and movie like. But trying to open a Microsoft Movie Maker project in Microsoft Media Player and/or You tube is impossible and i find this really annoying and strange !!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 20:36:23 »
Hi Giorginetto,
did you solve your problem? I use movie maker all the time to do my videos and I upload them straight to youtube, I don't bother hosting them elsewhere.

Looking at your last message I think it's as simple as your trying to open the wrong file. When you make a video the program saves it as two files a movie maker project that movie maker can access to make changes to (this sounds like what you've tried to open with windows media) and the finished video file, which can be of various formats.

When you finish your video have you just saved it or published it? The first is a project file a sort of work in progress the second one is saved as an wmv which you then upload to youtube. If you've published the video try looking on your C drive in the videos file and you might find your finished video there.

I hope this helps if you need to know anything else or what a step by step guide let me know and I'll try to help you out.
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 21:08:33 »
Hi Giorginetto,
did you solve your problem? I use movie maker all the time to do my videos and I upload them straight to youtube, I don't bother hosting them elsewhere.

Looking at your last message I think it's as simple as your trying to open the wrong file. When you make a video the program saves it as two files a movie maker project that movie maker can access to make changes to (this sounds like what you've tried to open with windows media) and the finished video file, which can be of various formats.

When you finish your video have you just saved it or published it? The first is a project file a sort of work in progress the second one is saved as an wmv which you then upload to youtube. If you've published the video try looking on your C drive in the videos file and you might find your finished video there.

I hope this helps if you need to know anything else or what a step by step guide let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Thank you Ema i shall give all this a go very soon when my mediaval city is populated , i shall get in touch if problems persist then as I will use some really nice mediaval music for the video duration , different for the city, the royal quarters, the barracks, the forrest, magic etc etc !!!