Author Topic: Simple green beds  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • klicky...klitty... kitty!
Simple green beds
« on: December 29, 2009, 00:09:54 »
Ok, here's the thing...
I remember that when I was a child, I had playmobil Teepee, canoe, campfire, cooking pot...... that must have been the indian set from back then. I found pictures of that set.

I also remember a spinning playground thing and a slide... with a mommy dressed in green and her red purse... I found pictures of that set too.

The other things I remember are very simple green beds (with nothing on) along with white dresser / commod / wardrope that had green doors matching the bed.  I can not find pictures of that set anywhere!

Can someone enlighten me on anything you might know about any or all of these 3 sets?

I played with them during the 1980's. I'm looking for set numbers, what sets contained, release year, etc.

Feather

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Simple green beds
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 00:26:06 »
That was probably 3417 - Children's Playroom (Green)
This is a good time to introduce yourself to PlaymoDB. You can search there for sets by theme, parts by part name, type, or even part number. This one was a little tricky since bed is too short a search string. I found it by looking in the Freetime theme.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:21:50 »
This one was a little tricky since bed is too short a search string. I found it by looking in the Freetime theme.

Although it wouldn't work for this set as it is an incomplete inventory, searching on the plural of a three letter part, e.g. beds in this case, can sometimes work.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 19:46:46 »
I have found the Playmobil Collector book and German Archives extremely valuable in trying to complete sets that are not in the DB.  Another "trick" I have is to google the part using a detailed description and then go to the "images".  My recent lot wins on ebay have brought some very interesting parts into my collection and identifying them can be a challenge!

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 21:21:59 »
  My recent lot wins on ebay have brought some very interesting parts into my collection and identifying them can be a challenge!

And a lot of fun too I expect :D

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 02:25:02 »
Thank you all so much for your input.

I do believe it was a children's bedroom. I recently found a couple of them scattered on ebay. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy them at the moment.

I can't wait til I can buy mixed up stack of playmobil on Ebay and try to figure out what is what. I'm also hoping to learn set numbers with time.

It all comes with practice I suppose. :)

Feather

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:31 »
hello feather,
 ::) i don't know if you already know collectobil - http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/catalogue.html.
it hasn't been updated but it is still the best resource to find info on old sets.
 ::) you have also the german playmobil archive - http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Search-Show?cgid=ARCHIV.
 :) good luck with your quest.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 22:13:40 »
hi Cachalote!

Yes, I already knew about collectobil... This is how I got here to this forum in the first place. :) I did not find the green beds on that one.
However, I did not know about the German Playmobil archive! Thank you! :) What a wonderful "dictionary" for us! :)

Feather