Author Topic: Set 5972 Knights Carry Case  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
Set 5972 Knights Carry Case
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:10:43 »
I have bought 30 of these sets and I now have two armies for the field.  However, I was wondering if anyone else has bought this set and is there a better way to 'arm' the cannon so that it shoots more than an inch or so?  I would like it to shoot a foot or more or it is useless. 

In Warhammer 40K or Warhammer Fantasy, Scatter Dice is used to 'hit' or 'miss' a target.  I could use this system.

-- Donmobil

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Set 5972 Knights Carry Case
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:34:04 »
30?!  :o

:picsplz:

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 16:45:43 »
30?!  :o

:picsplz:

... and counting...

-- Donmobil

Offline davidnbun

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 21:22:59 »
Don

I really like that little set too!  :lol:
I have about 8 of the 5972 sets, but I also have 4 of the 5978 and 2 of the 5240 to round out the Blue Axe force.
I bought a unit of 9 Red/Yellow Fleur de Lis foot Knigts on E-Bay, and have added 6 4762 Archers to support the Red/Yellow Fleur De Lis Force.  But, Sad to say the canons that come we these sets really will not be much help knocking them over in a 'Little wars' game sense. 
Warhammer is a great system, and that would really work well, you will have to double or triple the ranges.  Warhammer 40k does have scatter dice.  Also WOT came up with a set of rules a while back called 'Melee Combat', that I was helping play test.  They are easy and fun to play.

Good luck with your battles, please post some pictures.  :D
David

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 21:51:22 »
Oh yes I've got that set as well love the Fleur De Lis Knight such lovely colours and a really beautiful design one of my favourite Knights aside from the old classics   :knight:

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 23:38:35 »
Sets I have a lot of are:
4643 - 50
5818 - 45
5825 - 69
5888 - 53
5972 - 30
Always did like Knights, adding up all my hnight sets, I have over 1200 Knights.  Sadly, I do not have room to set them up and they remain in their boxes, blisters.   :(

-- Donmobil

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:40:18 »
Oops... make that 32 x 5972.

My goal is to divide up the horses between the two factions until I get a good cavalry unit eack.   Any horses I do not need will go to another knight theme.

-- Donmobil

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 23:28:01 »
I have never really checked this set out before but I really like it. I think those carry case sets are great, but I would like them to be a bit compartmentalized for storage purposes.

Check out the price of this one! You wouldn't be buying 30 of these! Do ebay sellers actually check the list prices of their competitors?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Playmobil-5972-Knights-Carry-Case-/111222640175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19e562ce2f
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 03:10:21 »
That's a lot of figures.  I am sure I have more Steck castle pieces than I do figures.

I've cut down on buying castle pieces and have been looking for more sets of figures, though.  But not too many.  To be honest I'm not all that interested in forming armies. I like unique and individual figures, for the most part.  I really wish the company would come out with a vast array of medieval figures.

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 22:01:05 »
That's a lot of figures.  I am sure I have more Steck castle pieces than I do figures.

I've cut down on buying castle pieces and have been looking for more sets of figures, though.  But not too many.  To be honest I'm not all that interested in forming armies. I like unique and individual figures, for the most part.  I really wish the company would come out with a vast array of medieval figures.

I am a wargamer at heart,  I game mostly in metal/plastic miniatures.  so to me, collecting an army is standard for me.  Actually, the cost per Klicky is about the same or less.  I like the Playmobil klicky's in that I can modify their weapons, have the same miniature in the 'surrender' postion or show casulaties by removing their hats/helmits, lying the klicky face down for dead, lying down face up for a serious wound or having the klicky sitting up with a light wound.  You can't do it with cast or moulded hobby figures.

-- Donmobil