Author Topic: Thanks Daniela!  (Read 2687 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Thanks Daniela!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 18:10:50 »
All looks so wonderful! :love: Somehow I hadn't noticed before that the new gnu doesn't have movable legs! I actually prefer that because it looks better. They did a great job on the coloration. And the scale looks perfect to me. ???

Also love those little handheld butterflies. somehow I hadn't noticed them before either!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 20:17:03 »
That sounds like a challenge to me.

TAHRA vs TIERMANN

Who gets more PM stuff each week?

The kids want to know

Two metrics: raw piece count and net weight of all PM plastic received, sans instructions, decals (unless applied) etc.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Tahra wins, no question. Based on what I see her post in her threads she gets stuff more often than I do. Mine is pretty focused, except for those times when it's not. I do have a shipment from PlaymoUS coming after the last coupon, but really I hardly get anything. Which reminds me I need to go check eBay real quick....

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 20:18:26 »
All looks so wonderful! :love: Somehow I hadn't noticed before that the new gnu doesn't have movable legs! I actually prefer that because it looks better. They did a great job on the coloration. And the scale looks perfect to me. ???

Also love those little handheld butterflies. somehow I hadn't noticed them before either!

The little butterflies are from one of the new pony decorations sets that will hopefully be coming out here in the US this summer. Since I was ordering parts anyway they were pretty cheap to just add onto the order.  Parts ordering can be dangerous that way.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:34 »
Tahra wins, no question.

How about if we take the yearly average? You do get ALL the animals. On the other hand, Tahra appears to have a literal pipeline connecting her home with a factory in Malta.

A lot of PMinals are out of proper scale and that gnu looks smaller relative to the klicky than a real gnu would relative to a real person -- OR SO I IMAGINE. Because in fact I've never seen a live gnu, and a swift bout of googling failed to produce an image of a gnu standing next to a person. SO IN FACT I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW. I may have been opining groundlessly, a favorite hobby of mine.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 06:43:09 »
awesomeness!  8-)

I need gnu's too  :o

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 07:29:13 »
I believe Giorginetto beats us all. Together.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:21 »
I believe Giorginetto beats us all. Together.

Yup I think Tahra's right  :yup:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 16:08:26 »
Some of us just keep very quiet about how much PM we are buying, in case our partner/spouse/bank manager finds out....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 21:03:43 »
Some of us just keep very quiet about how much PM we are buying, in case our partner/spouse/bank manager finds out....

So very true! Thank god we have a basement where the missus does not dare to tread. ;D

Best wishes
StJohn