Author Topic: New Crane Set  (Read 1751 times)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
New Crane Set
« on: September 02, 2007, 08:56:45 »
Forgive me if this has been posted before but I have just noticed it on eBay. I think this is a great looking set. And I love the idea of having a fleet of vechiles for one company. Is this an off-catalouge set ?? and if so I wonder if it might be possible to have a sub-section in the News for un-catalouged items just a thought

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: New Crane Set
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:02:50 »
Also noticed two versions of a Police Boat. Is one for the US market and one European if so why are they the same but different  ???

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:11:58 »
The crane set is, as you say, a great set.  It was produced for a Germa store called Karstadt and cost 89 euro.  As you've probably noticed, it's not quite the same as the yellow Playmobil crane (3716) as the Karstadt version has much longer jacking arms.  These are carried clipped to the crane jib when not in use if I remember correctly from a photo on one of the German boards.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:08:57 »
Also noticed two versions of a Police Boat. Is one for the US market and one European if so why are they the same but different  ???

I think the 3190 is an older set, and the 4429 is a newly re-released (limited edition?/special?) set, as far as I know.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 15:46:06 »
yes, 3190 is a few years old now. There are 2 versions of the current one out there - the German version you show with the 4000 series number and a US version 5786 - Police Boat that has only the boat and no other vehicle. In the US series there is a jet-ski but it's in the helicopter set 5764. There is also a police jet-ski in the series as an individual item. From the look of the photos the recent police color scheme doesn't look too good, but actually in person I really like it - at least the helicopter looks really sharp.