Author Topic: playmoboard  (Read 3988 times)

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
playmoboard
« on: March 22, 2007, 22:15:55 »
 Hi,
 :wave:

Is playmoboard worth joining,
is it interesting? ??? Is 3 foroum memberships
to much?  ???

thanks, :wow:
                  seawarrior
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: playmoboard
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 22:50:43 »
Is 3 foroum memberships to much?  ???

I think that's something every individual must decide for themselves. :)

I'm a member of more than half a dozen Playmobil forums/groups (including playmoboard), but I simply don't have enough time to post on all of them anymore.  8}

I wish I did, but that's just how it goes. ;)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 23:11:53 »
I'm a member of four boards, but like Sylvia I find it difficult to keep up with all four and so concentrate on one with another as a second choice and the others more or less as drop-ins.  Only the individual can decide.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:17:55 »
 :-[
i was banned from playmoboard for life so you can´t consider my oppinion as neutral.
i had lots of problems there with its owner and most of its moderators.
when i used one of my favourite expressions - "honni soit qui mal y pense" - things started to go bad.
 :o
one year or so later i found out this forum and decided that this was the right place for me to hang around.
people are much more civilized, there are no spam threads, no problems with the confidentiality of our usernames and passwords - in a word, we are in paradise.

:love:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 04:41:24 »
At this point I think you are going to hear most news as fast at any of the boards. The only one to get things earlier is Playmo-Portal, the German language board. There is enough overlap between memberships that any really interesting news makes the rounds world wide pretty quickly.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 17:11:18 »
Well, i.m.o. Playmoboard is still worth visiting, though it isn't as wonderful as it once used to be. Several years ago, there were much more interesting posts and many more active members, from all over the world.
Sadly, there has been a big discussion which lead to people leaving or being banned. Others just went quiet and stopped posting. New members have joined since then, but I have the impression most of them are from the US and so the board seems less international.
Playmofriends was founded by people who are or were members of Playmoboard.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 17:49:40 »
Doesn't sound like a
nice place. :no: "honni
soit qui mal y pense"
mean? ??? I'm not
going to register! 0)

seawarrior
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 19:01:35 »
Playmoboards OK, it's not what it used to be, but for a newbie you will be able to appreciate it for what it is now.

There are lots of good serious Playmoholics over there and some good customizers so it's always worth being members of other forums just so you can see the pics of others creations. Just because you join doesn't mean that you have to join in with the posts you can just hang about as a ghost member.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 22:25:27 »
 :-\
i am sorry seawarrior - it was not my intention to stop you from joining playmoboard.
as sir gareth says, you can always join and be a ghost member.
i am sure that no great harm will come from that.
there are a lot of good members there, and a lot of good customizers.
"honni sout qui mal y pense" is a french expression that is used as a motto in the english royal arms. it means more or less "we are the bad things we think of others".

:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 21:48:23 »
I joined  :-[