Author Topic: Funko?  (Read 8072 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Funko?
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:31:38 »
Please someone tell me this is not official?

Funko ? (link)

Posted on THAT site by Clickeros: Link

Pic 1 | pic 2

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Funko?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 08:48:31 »
Looks fake to me.

Looking at the accesoires gives it away considering that the skateboard marty holds can't be used to stand on, willy wonka's staff would not fit properly in the hand and they wouldnt make the hat stand like that.

Also most of the media used for this is stuff playmobil would not want to associate the brand with since its unsuitable for children.

Unless they want to go a step beyond super 4 and ruin their brandname further with cheap knock offs produced by themselves.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:51:35 »
Also most of the media used for this is stuff playmobil would not want to associate the brand with since its unsuitable for children.

Unless they want to go a step beyond super 4 and ruin their brandname further with cheap knock offs produced by themselves.

Exactly!

I was thinking fake too... Or a blatant shameless copy.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:29:38 »
Looks fake to me.

Looking at the accesoires gives it away considering that the skateboard marty holds can't be used to stand on, willy wonka's staff would not fit properly in the hand and they wouldnt make the hat stand like that.

I dearly hope it's just a hoax...I can never believe Playmobil would let them bring out a "zombie with a screwdriver in his eye" figure...   :-\
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:47:48 »
I dearly hope it's just a hoax...I can never believe Playmobil would let them bring out a "zombie with a screwdriver in his eye" figure...   :-\

Exactly!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 10:28:17 »
Based on the number of licenses they would have to pay for, I seriously doubt this to be true
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 12:01:14 »
Eww!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 13:20:03 »
Ask Playmobil... (?)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 14:51:59 »
Could  it be possible they are knock off and they are real? That would be lame in my opinion and if so geobra should legally intervene... Unless they infact want it  ???

As soon as some one finds out at the pcc please share info  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 20:06:21 »
It is possible that Funko is subcontracting playmobil to make these figures to sell under the funko brand as they do all kind of licensed toys. If so, we won't find out from the pcc until after it is officially announced by their corporate partner. ... dollars and cents speaking, this would be a good way for playmobil to get into licenses... funko bears the entire expense and playmobil gets paid upfront for the product. Not saying they are real... but it is possible.
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.