Author Topic: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)  (Read 30293 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2018, 17:55:34 »
Henk and Ben are worried about the new acquisition of the Ferrovie dello Balconia. It is a locomotive shed of the Fat FarLake RailRoad and somehow it ended up in Zeist. Well, if a freight depot from Middelburg can end up in Goes, anything is really possible. The locomotive shed stood on a remote piece of land of the Fat FarLake RailRoad to slowly be forgotten, but they hope to give it a new destination at the Ferrovie dello Balconia. First they try a diesel locomotive to see if the shed is big enough. Even with a lowered pantograph a locomotive can pass through it, so that electric locomotives can also be parked. But there is still a lot of work to be done: overdue painting, new windows and the floor need to be adapted. Nevertheless, Henk hopes to be able to put the locomotive shed back into operation, so that they no longer have to work outside during repair work. On the other hand, the help of Harry & Henriëtta Schrotter will also be needed for this construction work, because Henk and Ben cannot cope with it together. Probably it will be a job for the winter, because they want to get the Ferrovie dello Balconia running first.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2018, 11:32:37 »
Short news, because there is not much to say because of the persistent drought. The new grass on the campsite is growing well, but is suffering from a prolonged drought. Due to the shelter of the trees it has fortunately not yet turned brown, but for the time being I am not allowed to drive to protect the grass.

At the trade fair in Houten I bought two nice acquisitions. A platform indicator and the smallest caboose I have had so far. It is a model of a field railway wagon with a portacabin on it. In between all the mess was also this Playmobil lady, and I was allowed to take her with me. The seller had also played with Playmobil in the past, and hoped that this little lady would find a good new home. That’s a promise!

Meanwhile I put new feet on the last railway signs, and then I draw up a building plan for the locomotive shed.

On the trade fair in Houten I found this platform indicator made of tin, I was also allowed to take the little klicky with me.

The smallest caboose I have so far. Unfortunately I am not allowed to drive in the garden. So I just took a picture on the terrace.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2018, 12:42:33 »
Those LGB feldbahn wagons very useful to have.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2018, 14:01:57 »
On the trade fair in Houten I found this platform indicator made of tin, I was also allowed to take the little klicky with me.

That's so nice :)

(one of my oldest "internet friends" is from Zwolle)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2018, 20:35:53 »
Something very strange has happened - all the photos for the first 11 pages have disappeared!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2018, 11:05:59 »
That has to do with a sever problem at PostImage. And I am not able to correct the older post.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2018, 18:22:13 »
That has to do with a sever problem at PostImage. And I am not able to correct the older post.

Thanks for the explanation, Marco.  I wonder if a moderator could help you?

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2018, 06:44:00 »
That is possible, because I still have the pictures. Or I must be temporary allowed to correct my own post.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2018, 07:35:20 »
That is possible, because I still have the pictures. Or I must be temporary allowed to correct my own post.

Yes, either would do.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2018, 07:27:47 »
“But the trains, they are running again!” (Polygoon bioscoopjournaal, Nederland, 1948)

Although, just as in the reconstruction of the Netherlands after 1945, it is a modest start. This has everything to do with the persistent warm and dry weather of the last few days in the Netherlands. Part of the garden is not sufficiently sheltered by the trees and here the grass suffers most from the sun. For the time being I am not allowed to drive on this section. But compared to the other camping spots, my father is not even allowed to grumble. At least here the grass is not brown.
In the other part I rode the first official train through the garden on July 16, 2018. Although it was a simple oval without switches and with an RC locomotive with short wagons, the fun was no less important. On this part of the garden I can certainly use LGB R2 curved rails, or using 8 straight rail pieces. It's funny that my father is already making plans for a layout. Would the railway virus have struck?

The first laps through the garden with a short train.

Ben looks on with satisfaction from the caboose. Henk and Joop make the last measurements for the track plans.

Billy-Jo, Betty-Jo and Bobbie-Jo are the first passengers.

They also take good care of the plants.