Author Topic: Cleaning torsos the Tahra-way  (Read 18176 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Cleaning torsos the Tahra-way
« on: October 29, 2014, 17:43:07 »
I thought I'd show you what I've been up to this afternoon:

Tahra explained again how she does her magic when it comes to cleaning clicky torsos, getting the printing off I mean.
I bought some old-school erasers, that have a blue side to them that erases ballpoint pen writing (although that has NEVER worked for me in the past, I always ended up with a hole in the paper from scratching).

Then I got to work, and lo and behold!!!

This lady used to have her dress full of roses and leaves:

I have her twice, so this makes for a nice change. I can't believe how good it looks, when I only used such a simple tool.

This guy had some weird printing on his sweater, which made him less versatile. And *poof*:

Roller skater arms?

Off comes the printing!

And this ladies torso had purple&white printing on it. She was also a double, so I cleaned her up too.

And finally I decided the rabbit woman would work a lot better as a regular clicky:

Off came the white tail (and the bunny feet):

This is a dream tool! I do think I erased bits of my fingers off too in the process, but well...  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Cleaning torsos the Tahra-way
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 18:43:16 »
Glad to be of service ;)

This is a dream tool! I do think I erased bits of my fingers off too in the process, but well...  ;D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 18:50:18 »
Wow! Nice technique...... Definitely must try this too.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 21:52:46 »
Who knew?  Thanks to both of you.  Great pictures and a great idea.

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:27 »
A great method.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:33 »
It's that simple??  Or did you skip over the part about five hours hard work and fingers now in splints?   ;)

There are certainly some child klickies that I'd love to change - I have so many identical twins, triplets, quadruplets....
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:23 »
I think it takes a bit - as in print doesn't come off at the first rub, but it's not hard... Some are easier than others.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:41 »
It's that simple??  Or did you skip over the part about five hours hard work and fingers now in splints?   ;)

Oh no that was a joke, my fingers are fine  :)  Your hands can cramp up if you keep at it for five clickies in a row, because you need to grip the pieces firmly of course. And it doesn't come off with one magic swipe. But it doesn't take that long at all, imo.

I used to scratch off the printing, which left ugly marks. This doesn't leave marks (although Tahra did warn me about one mishap!!), but it makes the surface a bit dull, less shiny.
I hardly see it.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:34:26 »
What a great tip! I must try this out. :)

This doesn't leave marks (although Tahra did warn me about one mishap!!), but it makes the surface a bit dull, less shiny.
I hardly see it.

To make it shinier again, rub in a small dab of metal cleaner (such as silver polish) and buff it with a soft cloth.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:57 »
Aha, thanks  :wave: Tahra suggested metal cleaner too!  I'll try to get my hands on some silver polish then.