Author Topic: 6689 Lorella (Super 4)  (Read 1089 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
6689 Lorella (Super 4)
« on: October 18, 2015, 14:45:33 »
6689 Lorella

The first of these fairies....

We were eager to see these new bodies... I didn't think it was a bright idea. I was more right than I could ever imagine.

My sister kinda likes the fairy. I do not - and this is REALLY rare for me. She looks like she has a diaper (or something)...

The pegs are on the body. I thought that terrible, but after all, between this and a hole, I figure the pegs would be easier to cut than covering a hole... IF we could use the body, which is not he case. So, moot point.

And her arms and legs make her look like some starved wasted creature. What kind of a message are they trying to pass?!

Very disappointing. And the worse part. HER FREAKING HEAD IS DIFFERENT. The neck is thinner. So, can't even use the pretty face she has.

The head has a hole for that hair thing (thought to use it on that stupid hole from the "crown hairs", but though it fits it looks... well... it's a blob).

The blob has a hole too, to put a heart. Sigh.

It's not that the hair on her is ugly. Actually looks quite nice - would be better without the heart, I think, but it's fine.  That is what it's so annoying - that head would be AMAZING as parts!

All setup, with the skirt and the wings doesn't look so bad. As long as you don't see her wasted lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng arms from the side.

And we got two of these sets, intending to pop one to peek, and eventually use the parts somehow. Unfortunately I only saw pics of her without the skirt AFTER ordering.

Anyways, I have no idea if those are speedo arms. They look off to me. And skeletal, way worse than the speedo ones. Didn't see any of these popped. If someone does, please let me know.

GAH. And I still need Twinkle. Because. :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 6689 Lorella (Super 4)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 00:38:55 »
Are the white arm tops moulded on?

She looks ok with the skirt on, otherwise.... Anorexia?

Thanks for the review, Tahra. I nearly bought one in TRU a couple of days ago, glad now that I didn't!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 07:40:33 »
Are the white arm tops moulded on?

Yes, they are.

She looks ok with the skirt on, otherwise.... Anorexia?

:( In an advanced state, I'd say. Where is this going?

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 11:34:40 »
they made new moulds for almost every part?! It goes to increase the overall development and production cost which is shared by other 'normal' klickies 8}
and the result looks like toys from another company....if this goes on, I shall be able to put my Toys Story figures with my playmo :hmm:
and to think I've been doing my best to keep my customs looking 'playmo-factory-produced'  :'(

I dont like to compare with Minifigs but at least they dont try to make their squarish torsos narrower or put high-heels on their legs.....

dont those Geobra developers have a unique Playmo character to stick to? They digress so often that one day they can sue any toy maker and get sued themselves for plagiarizing  :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....and many years from now, without boxes, any find in the flea market will be hard to ascertain as to whether they are playmo parts or not (dies it matter then??)

what do you purists say?
(sorry for this emotional outburst Tahra, I really appreciate your reviews but you surely agree that this is as the most un-playmo klicky today....can we still call it a klicky? maybe her internal skeleton doesnt even click anymore :o

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 11:46:33 »
(sorry for this emotional outburst Tahra, I really appreciate your reviews but you surely agree that this is as the most un-playmo klicky today....can we still call it a klicky? maybe her internal skeleton doesnt even click anymore :o

I have no idea. We decided against even opening the second one for now. What's the point in TRYING to pop her, if even HER FREAKING HEAD can't be used?

So, I kinda feel the same. I mean, the speedos are already quite unplaymolike, and playing "dress up" with them is plain weird - but at least the women come out like little barrels.

This... well....

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:46 »
I don't think she looks anorexic. Plenty of young teens look awkwardly skinny because they haven't filled out yet (I was far worse at 13. There's a horrifying pic of me in a mini skirt). I am worried though that future design teams may decide to delve into idealized bodies in the future.

Also, it seems like such a waste to create all new parts. A different torso to get that younger look with the smaller chests makes sense, but they should have made it compatible with the "speedo" parts and the regular head. I find the torso cute, but it can't be used for anything else.

The hair bun is too round, and the skirt is a bit weird.

Thanks for the thorough photos! It's nice to see how everything fits together.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 07:25:01 »
She looks to smooth and dollish to me. Maybe she can be a Mannequin without her wings?
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 07:44:52 »
She looks to smooth and dollish to me. Maybe she can be a Mannequin without her wings?

For that you will need to amputate the pegs..