Author Topic: Playmobil exhibition in Hoorn, Netherlands-  (Read 17565 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil exhibition in Hoorn, Netherlands-
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:40 »
And here's the best bit!!!

There was a small shop in the museum selling Playmobil for reduced prices. The first time round, there wasn't anything particular that I wanted; allthough Saskia did pick up a 5810 Pirate ship that she didn't have yet.

But the second time around ... they were selling him (as a Special)!
Needles to say we both bought a fair number of them. I'm afraid I've only got one left now; as the others have already been passed on to others, who will cherish them, I'm sure of that ...

All in all - it was a small expo; but definitly worth the trip as it was a nice one to see.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 11:50:49 »
Remind me again, this was a SMALL exhibition? LOL

Great pictures, it's really nice to see all that Playmo so carefully treaured and displayed, and great to see that kids' letters CAN result in new ideas being taken up - I need to get my crayons out.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those Egyptian Archers, he's a very handsome lad and would take pride of place on my desk at work. Shame you couldn't snap up a couple of dozen more, Mark!

There's a UK based eBay seller who gets stuff in from Germany, so I could get my hands on the Egyptian sets a year early, at a slight extra cost - though with inflation running riot, who's to say my money will be worth anything this time next year? 

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 12:28:02 »
Thanks for all these pictures :wow: I really enjoyed them.

Congratulations with the new figure - he is VERY nice :love: I can't wait to get the sets :doh:

There's a UK based eBay seller who gets stuff in from Germany, so I could get my hands on the Egyptian sets a year early, at a slight extra cost - though with inflation running riot, who's to say my money will be worth anything this time next year? 

Nice for you in the UK that you are able get these sets. It must be like living in hell knowing that the sets are available in some countries, but not in your own :'(

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 12:35:52 »
Actually, it was a small expo. There isn't much that you haven't seen yet.

And as to your crayons - you'd better get a child to do it - otherwise you'll be caught out - much to good at it. And I've found you've actually have to be rather gifted to do a childs picture at our age (5+ that is  ;D)

And as to the archer - (actually, it isn't a archer; it's the Pharao himself! The blue thingy he's wearing is the blue crown: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_crown) - there would always have been people that I would have had to disappoint  :'( ... sorry.

Bogro

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 14:19:11 »
These are the "small" displays i wish were around in the US  :'( . Thanks for the pictures .

The 1974 klickies have rotating hands , and i have no idea what that machine is .

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 17:57:18 »
Indeed - they do have rotating hands (which they didn't have in '74.) - I hadn't even noticed that. I was thinking about the knights. The knights that are shown are from much later!

And as to the machine - I guess you weren't there in Speyer when the (really large) Expo on Playmobil was there. That was back in 2004. That machine was a demonstration model that's being used to show how playmobil is produced. The end product - a small white mouse - could be taken home as a momento. We definitly took our fair share of them home  ;D

Bogro

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 19:53:18 »

Mark, thank you very much for the GREAT photos. Saskia is an excellent photographer.

I wonder how successful a Playmobil museum would be in South Florida? ...  :hmm:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 20:46:59 »
That big of a machine to make a little mouse  ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 21:05:51 »

... Saskia is an excellent photographer. ...

I wonder how successful a Playmobil museum would be in South Florida? ...  :hmm:

Trust me; Saskia's a wonderful photographer and a even better sister  :love:

It wasn't a entire museum - just a temporary expo in a museum. I wonder too how a entire Playmobil museum would be ... sounds great though!

That big of a machine to make a little mouse  ???

Yep - but a machine that shows rather well how it is produced as well. I must admit, I wasn't paying very much attention to that detail - I was more interested in the little white mice that came out of it  :-[

Bogro

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 00:59:17 »

It wasn't a entire museum - just a temporary expo in a museum.

Wow! That was a very large "temporary  expo" ... How long did they keep it set up?