Author Topic: 2016 Print catalog (US?)  (Read 2131 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
2016 Print catalog (US?)
« on: February 25, 2016, 00:22:49 »
One of my favorite things to pick up from Toy Fair each year is multiple copies of the playmobil catalog. It's something I look forward to pouring over on my bus ride back to DC.

This year they didn't have any! And they said they wouldn't have any for the duration of the fair (I had asked if I just needed to stop by later)

Anyway, we went to a local mom & pop shop and checked out their January playmobil toys, and they said they haven't received any 2016 catalogs either.

Has anyone seen these? I'm suspecting that there was a printing delay and they're coming soon... I fear that they're going to an electronic version. I love pouring over all the photography and I don't get that experience clicking all over the website.

Anyone?

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Re: 2016 Print catalog (US?)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:32:45 »
Welp, that answers it. I just placed an order on the online shop, and sent a quick note asking if they could include a catalog.

I received this reply.

No paper catalogs will be available prior to July, 2016.  If you have requested a catalog your name will be added to the mailing list and will receive one in July, 2016.  All new 2016 toys can be viewed online at www.playmobil.us

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 04:23:59 »
Interesting. The farm theme isn't on the website so does that mean they aren't releasing it here? Are they switching the way they handle international releases? Very curious.

Offline Husker

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 05:46:08 »
Interesting. The farm theme isn't on the website so does that mean they aren't releasing it here? Are they switching the way they handle international releases? Very curious.

I sure hope they release it in North America...that's my main theme! Thanks to your tip, I picked up the Large Farm (6120) from the US site (crossing fingers it works as they wouldn't take Canadian credit cards...I used Paypal). I'm really hoping for the other parts to this series. Argghhhh.  8}

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 22:42:19 »
 I haven't noticed that they posted the new catalog on-line. Have I missed this?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 23:11:56 »
On the US site they are still the 2015 catalog.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 20:28:58 »
I got a delivery from Playmobil.us this week and in the bottom was the US 2016 catalog. This is the first one I have seen this year.
It has a nice big section for all the Hockey sets as well as the new Pony Theme in it's entirety - but no farm sets at all. Very odd that they have chosen to skip the farm theme this year that would normally be released in this market. I assume the hockey sets are taking up the space that far would normally. Hopefully Farm will be here next year.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 21:59:29 »
I got a delivery from Playmobil.us this week and in the bottom was the US 2016 catalog. This is the first one I have seen this year.
It has a nice big section for all the Hockey sets as well as the new Pony Theme in it's entirety - but no farm sets at all. Very odd that they have chosen to skip the farm theme this year that would normally be released in this market. I assume the hockey sets are taking up the space that far would normally. Hopefully Farm will be here next year.

Unless they saw the Pony sets as a bigger potential and chose to release that first and hold off on the new farm... One can hope.  I still need to get the Pony Stable from the last farm set! LOL
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)