Author Topic: Which remote control?  (Read 10615 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Which remote control?
« on: September 02, 2010, 18:03:13 »
After leaving work I went to a big toy shop in the city centre where I knew they had this: 4856 - RC-Modul-Set Plus I was hoping to get one of the new fire engines, either 4820 or 4821 and combine it with this remote controller just for greater fun... Unfortunately, they had none of the fire engines left!!!

This was a bit frustrating but what followed was more confussing. As I was looking at 4856, I noticed an older remote control set but did not memorise the set number, but the device was actualy this one: 7578 - Radio Control Module

I was very puzzled as I had not seen the second set before. Their voltage is the same, but could not find anything written on the boxes as far as range is concerned.... The black boxes are the same in both sets, (are they for batteries and programs btw) with a few minor differences...

Anybody knows which remote controller would be better and if there are any differences?

As for the fire engines, I am revisiting Gordon's reviews on both as I am trying to find out which would suit me best...

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
Re: Which remote control?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 18:45:19 »
The 7578 is the old controller. On the controller are two adjusters one will centre the wheels so that when the control handle is in the centre position the car will go straight. The other can be adjusted so the when the control handle is in the centre position the car will not move forward or backward.
The new one 4856 dose not have these adjusters on the controller. Instead there are small leavers on the motor block to do this manually.
Either of the motor packs will fit any of the cars, lorries, buses etc that are designed to for R.C.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 19:05:03 »
Many thanks on your reply and clarifications Walts-Trains!!! I small a little fun tomorrow evening  :D :D :D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:18 »
Ashamed to say i havent got any remote control playmobil  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[, any suggestions as which one to get ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:51 »
 :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Just got the 4856 RC and the 4821 fire engine!!!! Pictures to be posted later tonight!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:17:02 »
.. and i shall look forward to these pictures ,, anyone knows what is the fastest radio coontrolled playmo vehicle (  :lol: :lol: :lol:, has to be the fastert.....  :lol: :lol: :lol:)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:50:54 »
I think the fastest radio controlled playmobil vehicle would be a special issue Batmobile!!!

Unfortunately in this case, playmobil does not do under licence products and thats good!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:24 »
I think the fastest radio controlled playmobil vehicle would be a special issue Batmobile!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:41 »
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Just got the 4856 RC and the 4821 fire engine!!!! Pictures to be posted later tonight!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ahhhhh, great! Cant wait for those pics!  ;)

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 14:28:22 »
HI

I know the old set takes a lot more batteries for the controller. I have not used it in a while but it is like 8 AA's . The other difference Walt explained about the adjustments for the servos.  MacGayver knows the technical side of the differences and there was a tread about it but I can not find it right now.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: