Author Topic: 18th century Redcoats  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 18th century Redcoats
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 00:29:14 »
Love how the small castle is serving a different purpose!!

I use all my castles as 17th/18th-century fortresses. I extented this one with the enlargement-sets from DS, so it is already a bit bigger.
But the possibilities are limited with the add-on sets, so I might order some more wall parts from DS, as it should still become somewhat bigger to function as one of several harbour-protecting fortresses.
(I'm not building very big castles; otherwise the relative size to the houses and ships is off too much.)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 15:58:26 »
Very nice customs indeed, Hadogue, and nicely posed too.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 13:04:14 »
Small update...

I've recently received a supply of white soldier-collars - with many thanks to another collector - so I've started swapping the metal-coloured collars with the white ones on the soldiers of my 2nd infantry regiment. In a while the whole regiment (60 men now, to be expanded soon to 75 men) should be equipped as such.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 13:32:02 »
I love them..

The walking horse is brilliant...

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 13:44:23 »
The white collars do look very sharp.  I can hear the hustle and bustle of activity when I look at your mini dioramas, including the clip clop of the horse's hoofs.  Looking forward to more.
kaeth

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 17:39:53 »
The white collar is a great detail touch Hadoque!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 03:35:40 »
I really like your redcoats and fort, Erwin.  It's nice to see the different redcoat uniforms you've chosen for your different troop types and officers.  And the white collar is definitely a positive addition as the silver just didn't look quite right.  I've used some of the same torsos for my redcoat army, but since the release of the new blister back redcoats and the Add On redcoats, I'm in the process of completely revamping my army.

I'd really like to see some more pics of your fort to get an idea of its size and floor plan.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 07:07:13 »
White collars look so much better. what on earth playmobil was thinking to put the metal ones i dont know.... left overs from 7664 perhaps... they should just wait for a year or two , i would have bought all the remaining 7664 .....

anyways , great stuff H, look forward to more pictures of these soldiers.... you know i was planning to get like 400-500 of them but decided to stick to medieval instead and bought more 7664. they do look very smart though especially with the white collar !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:59 »
I'd really like to see some more pics of your fort to get an idea of its size and floor plan.

Well, this one is a 4866 "Falcon Knights" castle, with an additional tower and the DS-wall extensions. I'm planning to add a few extra wallparts and perhaps one more tower as well.
I like the floorplan of this particular castle, because if you point the gate townwards in a harbour-city, one side of the castle shields off the inside of the harbour and the other walls face the seaside.
I've several castles and bastions (steck + other systems), but I don't put them together into 1 big fortress, but rather in several small fortresses. Intention is f.e. to place a fortress on each side of a bayarea, with a harbour in between.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 18:28:57 »
Thanks for the information on your creations and plans, Erwin.  I like your idea of using several smaller castles in different strategic positions, which would have been historically accurate for many ports.  Your layout of each castle makes sense too.  I'd love to see your complete harbor scene! :captain:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: