Author Topic: Crazy prices!  (Read 4172 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Crazy prices!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 12:13:39 »
anyway, sprues... 4296 has (according to the instructions - there's often spares thrown in)

6 light blue
9 white
6 red
... regular flowers. No multiples of 8. So a sprue of 8 whites, tahra, and a loose one? For what it's worth, the official spare-parts list for 4296 never included "30 51" parts for flowers, but it did for a pack of 32 red system-X plugs. It's all very mysterious.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 12:16:48 »
anyway, sprues... 4296 has (according to the instructions - there's often spares thrown in)

6 light blue
9 white
6 red
... regular flowers. No multiples of 8. So a sprue of 8 whites, tahra, and a loose one? For what it's worth, the official spare-parts list for 4296 never included "30 51" parts for flowers, but it did for a pack of 32 red system-X plugs. It's all very mysterious.

No, I am quite sure there were more than one sprue on each of them (I opened two).

The roses and the light blue common ones were in tiny bags, no sprues. The white common ones were in sprues.

Guess I should have taken detailed pics of the contents  :-[  It's just I really dislike taking pics.. and it took long enough as is... 

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 13:47:22 »
Minor, Tahra, don't worry about it. Very very detailed part-tracking we're getting into here. I open new sets so rarely (tiny tiny budget) that I can usually do this kind of unboxing for the record -  unless it's Christmas, at which time I'm lucky to end up with all the parts it came with!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 19:21:37 »
..  unless it's Christmas, at which time I'm lucky to end up with all the parts it came with!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In our family, Dad supervises the opening of new Playmobil boxes... and the application of all stickers. Controlling? Moi?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 09:12:28 »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In our family, Dad supervises the opening of new Playmobil boxes... and the application of all stickers. Controlling? Moi?

:lol:  I'm a bit like that too. Official Playmo-assembler of the family.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 16:55:54 »
Well, most of the New PM sets we buy are for the children, but PM is not a cheap toy, so it needs treating properly, bits kept safe, stickers applied carefully, that sort of thing! (I was not lucky enough to have PM as a child, but I always looked after my toys carefully, a habit I try to pass on to my children).

But mainly, I just want to be first to get my hands on the new PM ;D

Mind you, I get to do ALL the sticker applications, even for  :hmm: non-PM toys. And yes I even have to do Lego stickers too :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 01:31:35 »
Stickers are a big deal. PM stickers are supersticky so you have to do them JUST right. I understand the need to control that.

Let's have no more talk of L*go stickers though.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 06:30:49 »
Sorry, d*cals  :-[